UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fazzakerley.
This statement by Khaldoon is what I've always relied on.
If we lose at CAS then the statement cannot be correct and the Club will have been let down.
I'm not convinced about us 'going after the process' rather than the actual facts surrounding the allegation @MillionMilesAway .
It's the facts of the allegation that are the primary issue.
The process is important but secondary.
What does 'going after the process' even mean?
CAS could decide the process was flawed but find that we were still 'guilty'.
CAS is not a court and the barrier to establishing 'guilt' is lower.
Unless the evidence of our innocence is conclusive CAS could decide UEFA's suspicions are sufficient to rule against us.
As @Damanino has stated, he feels that it's 50/50 at CAS and that has to concern us all.

Hi Len
I meant that they'd go after the flaws in the process followed. If that's proven flawed, it can make the whole case unproven.

I agree that the facts are important, and the ideal outcome is CAS saying the conclusions aren't supported by the facts. That might be harder to prove to CAS' satisfaction, but they might decide that the emails alone are not sufficient to come to a conclusion (it's an interesting question as to what else they might have to act on).

My understanding is that CAS assess the process used, whether the conclusion is reasonable based on the information, and whether the punishment is reasonable.

I'll probably let this thread alone now - it's way too fast to keep track of.

I’m not totally clued up on all the in depth rules and regulations of ffp,or the inner workings of uefa but from start to finish this whole episode now could see a possible changing of the football landscape if ffp is brought crashing down,the last big change was probably the Bosman ruling ( although VAR could be seen as the last big change in fairness) when it was claimed it could ruin football,this could be a huge game changer if it happens...

If I were City I would ensure the CAS hearing rules next season, and not this season.

If it rules this season the there's a good chance 5th is opened for Man Utd.

Lol, if club didn't put us in this position, we would be outside of CL five years ago when they tried to stop us while the project was in toddler phase and we would be worse than we will be in the case of ban eventually being held. I hope, after putting some thinking into it, you do realize that there was no chance of us passing the FFP and signing the likes of KDB if we weren't creative. And as consequence no centurion season or breaking dippers' hearts last year.

As someone said few days ago, what we have done last few years is enough success for lifetime if needed, and if we haven't doone it the way the club did, it probably would never happen again.

Agreed. One way or another, "legally" or "illegally", we've broken through the UEFA glass ceiling and now it's up to the owners to ensure we stay in the upper floor. Two years if that's what it is to be is a short time in football.

If I were City I would ensure the CAS hearing rules next season, and not this season.

If it rules this season the there's a good chance 5th is opened for Man Utd.
Good point that.

Drag them ****s in as they expect to lose a lot of kit sponsorship money should they fail to qualify for CL.

Though not completely ruling it out, I’d be surprised if it was the latter. I think Der Spiegel released the “juiciest” bits in their articles, and each subsequent article got weaker in content. If they had something more damning, I doubt they would’ve hung onto it without revealing it.
I would be surprised if Der Spiegel have got all 70 million documents from the stolen Pinto cache. Isn't it more likely they have a small batch which presumably they have paid Pinto or one of his agents for? Is it possible there are more documents floating about somewhere. Only a tiny fraction of those hacked have been published (lots of them are probably not newsworthy) Stuff from the Panama papers has been leakng out in dribs and drabs for years. We will probably find out when Pinto comes to trial...if he survives long enough.

Good point that.

Drag them ****s in as they expect to lose a lot of kit sponsorship money should they fail to qualify for CL.
I'm not clear where the Premier League are with their enquiry but to reduce the risk of any PL action this season I would ensure that Man Utd don't benefit this season. Of course they might not even finish 5th.

CAS appeal suspends everything because even the UEFA statement says the ruling is subject to the CAS appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.