UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A source close to the City squad believes some players will want to leave if the ban is not overturned. The club’s leading names have no need to line up potential moves before the outcome of the CAS case as they know they will not be short of suitors. [
@TheAthleticUK
]

a bit concerning but understandable
Speculation and no way players have already made their minds but I see Sterling the one to leave

Its not uncommon against the rule or illegal to transfer assets / Image rights between companies within the same group. Football clubs have been very backwards on things like this till recently. I think this looks bad seeing as we do not really know what was done with them and it was done once before I think with a different company but I do the emails actual prove over value or just that it happened ? Have UEFA worked out what fair value is ? I do not think they have whilst investigating the emails otherwise we would know.

For any of this to make sense the sponsors in question need to be related parties otherwise you cannot have the influence to make them do these thing which are not in there interest. These emails do not change the ownership of any of the entities in question.

Second with regard to Etihad what would make sense would be for the government to give Etihad the money it need to honour its commitments.To city or anyone else when it was in trouble The Abu Dhabi United Group are not connected to Etihad. Why would they pay them back ? and how would that help with FFP ? or get round FFP ?

My understanding of the emails was that UEFA where arguing Etihad paid a low amount and Abu Dhabi United topped it up. The argument on here is that that not what happened what happened is Etihad got help from the government and paid the full amount or split between the two and these emails where just reminding people at City that they had to account for it so it was best that it went to the Etihad account at city and did not go to our owner.Thats fine since Etihad and the Government are not related parties to City.Your suggesting Abu Dhabi United paid it back for some reason do not see how that affects FFP
I'm not suggesting anything.
I have no access to City accounts and i don't know what has been done or not done behind close doors. What i think is FFP was designed to stop City and PSG and changes were implemented along the line to make those clubs fail. I also think City and PSG used tricks to go around, find loopholes because they are ambitious and won't settle for being middle of the pack clubs. Now, both clubs used different methods. PSG invented a new type of contract "nation branding" and argued that it was worth hundreds of millions because there were no equivalent, thus no fair value market. I don't think anyone can argue it wasn't an attempt to blindsight the rules. In my opinion, what City has done according the hacked emails is way smarter. The only problem is that those emails have been made public.

As you said "My understanding of the emails was that UEFA where arguing Etihad paid a low amount and Abu Dhabi United topped it up", UEFA is considering the money was coming from your owner through those sponsorships. This, de facto, makes them related parties. Thus, UEFA is taking the numbers directly given by the sponsor as written in the email as the new market value. Scummy move, especially applied retroactively, while City can't balance the books anymore by selling a player.

My whole viewpoint on that case is that UEFA was pressed to trap the new (arab) money clubs by the established elite and those emails gave them the ammunition to fire a shot at City. However, i don't think City is the only club to do that. Pretty sure that there must be some backdoor deals when Jeep or other firms from the Agnelli decide to sponsor Juventus or when Audi, Adidas sponsor Bayern while being stakeholders. And, i have zero doubt the Emir of Qatar has been pressing those Qatar firms to sponsor PSG. Just that UEFA doesn't have emails of the same nature listing how the payments will be made. These emails are the basis of their argument that you have been lying and not cooperating.

As stated in this tweet, i think the difficult task for City is not the problem of the fair value of their sponsors (they can say the value was accepted by UEFA in 2014) but the fact they are accused of untruthful reporting of their financial situation. And this is prolly on this axis UEFA will try to justify their sanction.

A source close to the City squad believes some players will want to leave if the ban is not overturned. The club’s leading names have no need to line up potential moves before the outcome of the CAS case as they know they will not be short of suitors. [
@TheAthleticUK
]

Why are you posting speculative shite.
Have a fuckin think about it.

This is the End Game now

Man City Xtra
@City_Xtra

A dossier on Europe’s biggest clubs’ financial dealings that City have been collating over more than a year could come into play. City will want answers about the finances Juventus receive from Fiat, and may also bring up Bayern’s contract extension with Audi. [@TheAthleticUK]
Someone else said a few days ago,unles it was them and this tweet is old?

You don't think Gill will be using all his influence to ensure it meets and makes it's judgement in time for next season ? It seems highly likely he has someone feeding him highly confidential information directly from UEFAs IC and AC which he then directly or indirectly leaks to the pro United media e.g. NYT.
It will be interesting to see what happens with the decision as the season comes to a close, if the Rags are comfortably in 5th i think the ban will be pushed through to get them in the CL, lets say Sheffield Utd are in 5th and i suspect the decision will be deferred

@TheAthleticUK
]

I don't trust The Athletic with any info, Lee said we would not get banned.

@TheAthleticUK
]

They know where the door is

I just hope we have better relationships at exec level with CAS than UEFA do, or we have other levers we can use.

Rarely are these things decided on what’s right or wrong. It’s lobbying, relationships and deals or the ‘levers’.

@City_Xtra·
2m
Sheikh Mansour has been kept up to date right from the start and is said to be 'livid' with how the affair involving UEFA has played out. [
@TheAthleticUK
]

End game....he will now buy UEFA and ban them from the champions league !!

Dont fuck with Abu Dhabi, plus the people’s republic of China’s government have a vested interest in this. Cyber attack on our enemies from the United Arab Emirates secret service? It’s fair game if the dippers can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.