UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope we have better relationships at exec level with CAS than UEFA do, or we have other levers we can use.

Rarely are these things decided on what’s right or wrong. It’s lobbying, relationships and deals or the ‘levers’.
That is where i think we have a big disadvantage,these bodies in are al corupt,EUFA really can't be shut down by us pesky arabs

I don't trust The Athletic with any info, Lee said we would not get banned.
To be fair to Sammy Lee that was his take on it at the time but obviously something changed. Most likely scenario I think is that the 'pinch' UEFA wanted us to take again didn't include a ban but since we told them to do one, we're now where we are. I don't buy the tweet that they're quoting there though.

Responding to your reply above to another poster.
What you say has some validity.
But having been as you say 'creative' , it's best to prevent this information from being hacked into and to make sure that such 'creativity' cannot be interpreted as rule breaking ( that's still to be resolved).
Incredible that creativity is now a crime worthy of a 2 year ban and a €30 million fine! Relieved that I am personally not very creative!

Responding to your reply above to another poster.
What you say has some validity.
But having been as you say 'creative' , it's best to prevent this information from being hacked into and to make sure that such 'creativity' cannot be interpreted as rule breaking ( that's still to be resolved).
I had to read this aloud in my best creative voice.

This is going to get interesting for sure...

It sounds from the rumblings that the club are arming for all out legal war with UEFA and a lot of posters seem to think that if we go to a "traditional" law court then FFP will be binned (I really hope so)

But is there any precedent for a law court ruling on a sporting bodies regulations?

From a business point of view FFP is surely illegal - like other blues I agree that a rule that stops an owner from investing in his own business breaks international law (I think?)

But from a sporting point of view a ruling body like UEFA can impose any rules they want... And any club wanting to participate in that sport / competition has to abide by those rules? SO if they brought out a rule saying that all players had to wear odd socks then they would have to? (stupid example I know)

So I have no way of knowing how it will play out in a court (if it gets that far) I hope FFP get's folded into a nice package and UEFA have to bend over and spread their cheeks to "file it" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.