UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to get interesting for sure...

It sounds from the rumblings that the club are arming for all out legal war with UEFA and a lot of posters seem to think that if we go to a "traditional" law court then FFP will be binned (I really hope so)

But is there any precedent for a law court ruling on a sporting bodies regulations?

From a business point of view FFP is surely illegal - like other blues I agree that a rule that stops an owner from investing in his own business breaks international law (I think?)

But from a sporting point of view a ruling body like UEFA can impose any rules they want... And any club wanting to participate in that sport / competition has to abide by those rules? SO if they brought out a rule saying that all players had to wear odd socks then they would have to? (stupid example I know)

So I have no way of knowing how it will play out in a court (if it gets that far) I hope FFP get's folded into a nice package and UEFA have to bend over and spread their cheeks to "file it" ;)

I broadly agree with what you are saying but I think we can safely say that at this stage FFP is not in the dock and not at all up for discussion at CAS

I listened to the 93:20 pod* and from what was said on there and from what appears to have come out City are not arguing the rights/wrongs as they don’t believe they have to. City will argue 1) the time period of any alleged wrong doing is covered in the previous settlement and also 2) even if it’s not, UEFA’s own statue of limitations of 5 years prevents them from investigating, never mind charging and sentencing a club

City appear to be in this for all or nothing. City better be right!

I find it inconceivable that a club this big with the recourses they have to be this wrong. Putting to one side the rather unprofessional and crass emails, the rules are the rules and the settlement, time periods etc should have been fully understood by anyone at the club with any dealings with the legal and financial matters.

I think UEFA have pushed this due to political pressure and hoped City would fold, come to the table and negotiate this out. City in their belief didn’t need to because they think they are in the right but there are plenty of people sat in prison who ‘believed’ they did no wrong

Like I said, City better be right.....

*well worth the subscription fee

Fuck me there's a lot of happy journos out there. We're taking some right fucking pelters. The Times are loving it. Saying none of our achievements are worth anything now as we're just cheats.

I've been saying this for years no way will we or any other big name get banned .

UEFA know it's the end of them if we do.

On champs league weeks we play more lucrative friends / tournaments again the best from the far East, usa, central America and throw into that any big name that wants a slice of the pie Celtic, rangers , a.c. Milan, with out UEFA taking their slice , all sponshership money going straight to the club's.

It would be the start of a break away league
For old times sake could they call it The Full Members Cup? Count me in!

Sources have said that the mood in the squad meeting on Saturday was 'defiant', with one describing the message as being along the lines of, “If UEFA don’t love us, f*** it, we’ll show them
(From City xtra)
I think that has been evident with the premier league and VAR decisions this year as well, I expect on Wednesday night to be electric atmosphere, the players will hopefully respond by taking West Ham apart and then when Madrid arrive it will get ramped up even more. I’d just love it for Pep to announce a contract extension at his press conference on Tuesday when someone asks him if he’s going.

Obviously that would be racism - let's not go there

It would indeed, my point being there are certain standards bigger than any institution.

You’d agree that UEFA could, should and would be prosecuted if they operated a ”whites only” policy? Well maybe, just maybe, anti-competitive practices could run foul of EU law if seriously put to the test.

I've been saying this for years no way will we or any other big name get banned .

UEFA know it's the end of them if we do.

On champs league weeks we play more lucrative friends / tournaments again the best from the far East, usa, central America and throw into that any big name that wants a slice of the pie Celtic, rangers , a.c. Milan, with out UEFA taking their slice , all sponshership money going straight to the club's.

It would be the start of a break away league
Whatever happens, things are only going to get worse. If the Champions League stays in its current form with massive amounts of money and dodgy rules preventing anyone outside of the cartel from competing, it has no legitimacy as the most prestigious competition. But if UEFA are fucked off, then it's likely that any replacement will be even worse, with some sort of invitation-only alternative (perhaps with the illusion of qualification) purely designed to make money for the already rich clubs. And make no mistake, our owners would be as much in favour of that as anyone else provided we were on the right side of it.

Sane is off anyways & Sterling fuck me he has just hit the wall..

I would put my mortgage on him being closely behind Leroy wanting out over this shit.

It's big money & it looks like we are going to need it..

We have options nobody is bigger than the club

Youngsters have to be given some games otherwise we have more Sancho's on our hands.

People dont realise the bigger picture & problem we have here.

I wouldnt be surprised if contracts are worth jack shit if found guilty???
fanny-wipes-novelty-gift-626-p.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.