UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing set for 8/9/10th June (poll added)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

This poll will close on 10 Jun 2020 at 10:27 PM.
  1. Two-year ban upheld

14 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

37 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

87 vote(s)
    58.0%
  4. Other

12 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    The company I work for has lots of very intelligent people who are experts in their fields yet total technophobes and wouldn't think twice about cyber security, in fact they complain when they cant plug in a flash device that hasn't been encrypted

ctid1894 and BlueAnorak like this.
  2. Father Paul

Father Paul

I repeat how can you be sure we were offered a viable way out? The people who may be wrongly accused probably consider it a lot more important than been guilty of a technical breach.Also we can't easily quantify the damage in the medium to long term. If we get back into Europe I would suggest it would be limited. Most of those sneering bastards in the press running us down at present hate us anyway as do a lot of others in football nationally and internationally our brand has and will always suffer as a result.

3. jaigurugoat

jaigurugoat

They won't be revealing their reasons to the press but of course they will have to in submissions to CAS both before and during any hearings. These will not be in the public domain before CAS's decision is reached.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Salford_Blue

Salford_Blue

I've been searching for that interview with Platini, when he stated at the outset that FFP would not only look at clubs simply spending what they earn, but at debts accrued.

I've read the full Samuels interview and I don't think it's in there (unless I missed it).

Can others remember this?

Thought it was quite a compelling statement.

Then it suddenly changed, at a time when City were suddenly viewed as a threat.

5. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
  6. BluechesterCity

BluechesterCity

Team supported:
    Manchester City
  7. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

That's true but this is really basic stuff even for very small firms. Confidential financial discussions can't happen on email because emails are not and have never been secure. That's also why your local GP is not allowed to discuss sensitive medical information on email. Its a disciplinary offence and can even lead to criminal prosecution in certain cases.
    You don't have to be an IT genius. I am still amazed that no one at CFG has yet been held accountable (to our knowledge) for this fiasco which has already costs us millions in legal fees and reputational damage. Our brand has been trashed because of the stupidity of a small group of senior managers behaving unprofessionally.
    I wonder what City's auditors (is it Price Waterhouse?) think about this. Their reputation has been damaged as well.

BlueAnorak likes this.
  8. cookster

cookster

Or hack the f@ck out of the cartel and UEFA.

BluechesterCity likes this.
  9. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

10. Breadsnapper

Breadsnapper

They'll say they never got the fax as their machine was out of paper.