UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club would have had to vet any questions asked by a member of the press. If they said you can't bask that or we won't talk about that then the press and the detractors would have have a field day "City CEO refuses to answer questions" would be the headlines. More deliria, hysterical rants and mocking. Imo I think the club have done the right thing.

In this entire saga it actually makes me very sad to see how so many people are entirely prepared to ignore a fundamental principle of our justice system, namely 'in dubio pro reo'. No matter which football club you support it should be obvious that there is much doubt related to all of the issues and questions treated by the prosecution (UEFA) here. And if there is doubt the expected and normal consequence in our 'western' justice system is or should be 'no sentence'. Simple really. But here we have the exact opposite, a draconian sentence. Everyone with an interest in how the society works really should have problems with this. However, the way our media works, and the way social media are used as echo chambers for certain messages has led to the situation where so many (most?) people want blood anyway. Why is it so difficult to see that this is a business war between big corporations, using dirty tricks and playing outside of the normal principles of law and justice? I would be against this happening to any other club, even the damned Rags. It is just wrong. Propaganda works unfortunately!

Some of us have echoed that exact sentiment already. This isn't about wanting sympathy or other club fans saying we have been unfairly santcioned, we will deal with that one ourselves. This is about an organisation that trades a rule under Fair play when it is anything but

This is what other clubs, especially those that dream or have aspirations to want to break into the top places of football and compete or win trophies, should be fighting against

I actually find it very worrying (so any liverpool fan lurking who goes on rawk this one is for you). The online presence of liverpool have been quick to assume guilt on our part, and that does have something to do with them once again competing. But they have decided to judge ourselves guilty, taking on-board a decision made by a closed shop that is UEFA and also trialled by a uk media with an agenda

Not that is very hypocritical considering LFC and its fans campaigned against another closed shop in the police force and the UK media for an agenda against themselves

I think winning at CAS on what lay people see as a technicality doesn’t remove the tainted or cheat tag from rival fans. If we win that way then the cloud over our achievements, at least in the media, will remain. Still I’d take that now and be done with this nonsense.

Not even Jesus being resurrected and saying "City are completely innocent" would stop rival fans/most of the media from labelling us as cheats-it suits there agenda.

Afraid he isn't - very amateurish by City to use an in-house journalist - if you don't believe this then just research credibility of source. Even in adverts washing up companies used to put actors in white overalls just for this - it works at an almost subliminal level . Same reason toothpaste ads feature actual dentists and not actors - it all adds to the credibility ... A neutral journalist would have been far better and it would have looked more like a proper interview than a speech or statement or just a friendly Q&A session between 2 buddies.

disagree it wasn't really an interview , it was City putting out a statement to us the fans, at the moment if anyone from the club came out and said the grass is green , the press/media would no its not its brown.
If City had used a neutral journalist than the press/media would have had a go that he/she didn't ask the right questions, it was never going to be a 'Frost=Nixon !!. The press/media in this country (most of them) have decided we are guilty , if it was me I would ban most of the twats from the campus/ground

And a person who must have chronic arthritis in his appendage above his waistline as opposed to chronic arthritis below his waistline for under use.
I have rheumatoid arthritis which affects my entire body. I find your insinuation that I have been wanking prolifically to be insulting. Take one Gary Cook punishment. :-)

Spot on.

It's fantastic that Ferran has come out and spoken to the fans.

And it's the right thing to do, so that Pep is not left on the hook by the press for things he has nothing to do with.

The time for interviews with the press will be after the legal process is over.

I mentioned this in Pep's thread yesterday, but insulating him from this is absolutely key if the club want him to sign an extension.

Being wheeled out in front of the press as the sole spokesman at Barcelona during the political upheaval in 2010-12 is one of the reasons Pep left. He felt he was being used as a shield by the board, and was having to answer questions from his fellow Barcelona fans and press that he didn't know the answers to.

Soriano's made it clear in this video "this is not an issue for him [Pep] to comment on" that City aren't going to do that. I would be amazed if he answered a single question about it tonight, Friday or any other day.

City in the Community doing fantastic work in Manchester for decades. Never mentioned

Huge urban regeneration and job creation in a deprived area of Manchester. Never mentioned.

Fans stayed with the club during decades of non-achievement. Not mentioned any more.

Broke the boring monopoly in English football of the Sky 4. Never mentioned.

Delivered the most dramatic title win ever. Not important any more.

Brought the likes of David Silva and Sergio Aguero into English football. Not properly appreciated.

198 points in 2 seasons. Didn’t feel that widely appreciated outside our club

Won all 4 domestic trophies last season. Underwhelming response from outside our club.

Regularly fucked over by refs and var. Never gets a mention.

Everything good we do is ignored or played down. When we were shit we were loved, when we achieve we are reviled.

Everyone knows uefa are corrupt as fuck, so why when their kangaroo court finds against us, does everyone (apart from Martin Samuel) hate us to fuck?

We will get fucked over by the officials and by var against Real, we all fucking know it, but nobody outside our club will question it, or even acknowledge it.

The football world is fucking insane.

Goodnight

Makes me wish we'd never got taken over.

Why would he? 2014 looked dead and buried at that point.

Would you rather him say: “Hee hee, we put one over on those conniving UEFA bastards?”

Sorry, but your responding to something that I didn't say.

UEFA started their proceedings in the Autumn of 2018 and Khaldoon asserted on the end-of-season interview that City had nothing to worry about

I don't recall him predicting that it might take an appeal before we prove the charges to be false.

That's why I (and many others) feel a little uneasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.