UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing set for 8/9/10th June (poll added)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

?

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

This poll will close on 10 Jun 2020 at 10:27 PM.
  1. Two-year ban upheld

14 vote(s)
    9.3%
  2. Ban reduced to one year

37 vote(s)
    24.7%
  3. Ban overturned and City exonerated

87 vote(s)
    58.0%
  4. Other

12 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. Breadsnapper

Breadsnapper

The club would have had to vet any questions asked by a member of the press. If they said you can't bask that or we won't talk about that then the press and the detractors would have have a field day "City CEO refuses to answer questions" would be the headlines. More deliria, hysterical rants and mocking. Imo I think the club have done the right thing.

2. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

Some of us have echoed that exact sentiment already. This isn't about wanting sympathy or other club fans saying we have been unfairly santcioned, we will deal with that one ourselves. This is about an organisation that trades a rule under Fair play when it is anything but

This is what other clubs, especially those that dream or have aspirations to want to break into the top places of football and compete or win trophies, should be fighting against

I actually find it very worrying (so any liverpool fan lurking who goes on rawk this one is for you). The online presence of liverpool have been quick to assume guilt on our part, and that does have something to do with them once again competing. But they have decided to judge ourselves guilty, taking on-board a decision made by a closed shop that is UEFA and also trialled by a uk media with an agenda

Not that is very hypocritical considering LFC and its fans campaigned against another closed shop in the police force and the UK media for an agenda against themselves

Newman Noggs likes this.
  3. why me? Blue Manchester

why me? Blue Manchester

Ive been down in the dumps since the ban announcement last week, this interview has msde me feel a lot better
    CTID

ADVERTISEMENT

4. blueste41

blueste41

Not even Jesus being resurrected and saying "City are completely innocent" would stop rival fans/most of the media from labelling us as cheats-it suits there agenda.

5. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    disagree it wasn't really an interview , it was City putting out a statement to us the fans, at the moment if anyone from the club came out and said the grass is green , the press/media would no its not its brown.
    If City had used a neutral journalist than the press/media would have had a go that he/she didn't ask the right questions, it was never going to be a 'Frost=Nixon !!. The press/media in this country (most of them) have decided we are guilty , if it was me I would ban most of the twats from the campus/ground

6. KS55

KS55

I have rheumatoid arthritis which affects my entire body. I find your insinuation that I have been wanking prolifically to be insulting. Take one Gary Cook punishment. :-)

7. OB1

OB1

Based on their definition, filched from IAS24, they'd be wrong.

BluessinceHydeRoad likes this.
  8. domalino

domalino

I mentioned this in Pep's thread yesterday, but insulating him from this is absolutely key if the club want him to sign an extension.

Being wheeled out in front of the press as the sole spokesman at Barcelona during the political upheaval in 2010-12 is one of the reasons Pep left. He felt he was being used as a shield by the board, and was having to answer questions from his fellow Barcelona fans and press that he didn't know the answers to.

Soriano's made it clear in this video "this is not an issue for him [Pep] to comment on" that City aren't going to do that. I would be amazed if he answered a single question about it tonight, Friday or any other day.

9. RACHACE

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
    Makes me wish we'd never got taken over.

10. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

Sorry, but your responding to something that I didn't say.

UEFA started their proceedings in the Autumn of 2018 and Khaldoon asserted on the end-of-season interview that City had nothing to worry about

I don't recall him predicting that it might take an appeal before we prove the charges to be false.

That's why I (and many others) feel a little uneasy.