UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which evidence are you talking about there?
The body of 'irrefutable evidence' that has been referenced by City so many times.

City's statements have been limited but what we do say is that this is political and it self-evidently is. You've got the entire liberal press gunning for City. The evidence that the Etihad sponsorship of Manchester City was underwritten by the UAE state (and not Sheikh Mansour as was the picture painted by Football Leaks) undermines one of the main allegations thrown at City but it's water off a ducks back to the liberal media. The evidence is by the by. They want to take City down by any means necessary.

That’s the biggest/saddest issue for me Ancoats, the fact that the PL and UEFA are bent to fuck, and yet the average sky and bt watcher and newspaper reader truly believe they aren’t. Unfuckingbelievable

i think the premier league had to play ball with manchester city and because you can not stop us every season, and if they are bending the rules for liverpool this time around then i can take it knowing it just makes manchester city stronger and more determining next time around, but uefa dirty tricks and the board members wanting to keep it in house all the time you have not got a chance in hell

i was talking to a mate and i said this last ten years manchester city have had to win everything the hard way and it counts as special even bigger than europe
the 4 premier league title we have had to win the hardest way possible and even 100 points and 98 points the season after that's how hard it was and then add the cups and community shields then you start to feel blessed, even the non winners of the PFA players of the year over the last 10 tens says how bad manchester city and its players get treated

i was up in arms after the leicester city win when micah richards was asked about PFA player of the year ?? its got to be a liverpool player says richards because they will win the league ???? WHAT what micah ? manchester city won the lot in england last season and did a city player get PFA award ???

I know but the Adjudicatory Chamber (AC) must have assessed it and then dismissed it. They can not be dismissed in the same way as the Investigatory Chamber. Soriano noticeably criticised the work of the Investigatory Chamber but I struggle to see how the AC ignored City's evidence. There was a hearing I believe too.

CAS will review the process as well as the evidence which give City two lines of attack however.

The initial CAS report gives City some encouragement but it still makes me very nervous when in the face of evidence so called financial experts are still almost 100% opposed to City. Look at the way David Conn responded to PB's piece of evidence. He just changed his line of attack. This is political and not a technical dispute. It does not matter what the evidence says, the liberal intelligentsia want to find City guilty because they are Emirati. I think it is as simple as that.

Whether City are lucky enough to find 3 judges who have some integrity we shall have to wait and see. Because it's political, we should be worried. There's nothing we can do about that.

The AC's process was hampered by their time limit which made them rush it through.

You keep holding up the AC as if it is unerring, but they've made tons of very high profile mistakes that any well versed judge or QC should never make.

Also you've misquoted Soriano. He never mentioned the Investigatory Chamber, he referred to the FFP chamber, which is most likely the CFCB and includes both.

What concerns me is the amount of negative media coverage the club has had over this, which is pretty much unprecedented in the history of football or any other team sport - I wonder what sort of impact this will have on CAS's decision. Whatever the evidence shows or doesn't show, it's going to take a very brave tribunal to find in our favour given the backlash that will undoubtedly ensue.
That's my problem as well. I've no doubt that the FFP background was protectionist. And then UEFA bent their own protectionist rules when it looked like City would wriggle off the hook. City then sort to work around them and that phase was captured by hacks. The context has never been told by the media, and now City are in the net.

City are up against a very powerful lobby and completely isolated. This is not about justice and what is right. It is about power. It always has been.

As long as Sheikh Mansour remains committed to Man City we will be OK. I worry though that he is still engaged. If you look at City, he's actually sold 15% of the club and it the club has been run on a sustainable basis for the last 5 years or so.

Just a though and might have been stated before in the previous 2183 pages but we had 3 major investors in the recent past, the Chinese, the American Investment Co. and Puma,. Does any one think that having presumably gone through our accounts with the fine tooth comb they would invest in ADUG, if there was the slightest chance that we were going to be sanctioned.

Then the hopelessness of UEFA will come as quite the surprise to you when this over.

Not really anything else I can add.

What you are basically saying is the process UEFA followed was correct and by procedure and that Manchester City are telling lies.

Ah well.....

No, I’m saying that I’m not sure what the evidence is that we’ve provided and don’t know why that wasn’t enough to stop it from getting to this stage. Perhaps there is other evidence we could also provide, it shouldn’t be a difficult thing to prove.

The AC's process was hampered by their time limit which made them rush it through.

You keep holding up the AC as if it is unerring, but they've made tons of very high profile mistakes that any well versed judge or QC should never make.

Also you've misquoted Soriano. He never mentioned the Investigatory Chamber, he referred to the FFP chamber, which is most likely the CFCB and includes both.
I thought Soriano specifically quoted the Investigatory process. I agree that the UEFA AC has been overturned several times by CAS. I am however not convinced that this is about evidence. I think it is about prejudice and in my opinion no one is immune from that including judges. David Conn might find that an insulting point of view but what did he think during the Hillsborough trials? Judges frequently defend the system, power and privilege.

The body of 'irrefutable evidence' that has been referenced by City so many times.

City's statements have been limited but what we do say is that this is political and it self-evidently is. You've got the entire liberal press gunning for City. The evidence that the Etihad sponsorship of Manchester City was underwritten by the UAE state (and not Sheikh Mansour as was the picture painted by Football Leaks) undermines one of the main allegations thrown at City but it's water off a ducks back to the liberal media. The evidence is by the by. They want to take City down by any means necessary.

To be fair though, the evidence that the UAE government was funding it rather than ADUG isn’t something we’d use anyway (as Etihad denied it at the time) and it also only referred to the payment in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.