UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My hope is that we didn’t fully comply with the investigation as we knew that they would find us guilty regardless, so have withheld evidence for the CAS hearing in pursuit of total exoneration. Might be wishful thinking, but who knows. Going to be fascinating to see how this plays out anyway, especially as the stakes are so high.
If we have withheld evidence that would help their charge that we didn't cooperate. However the earlier CAS hearing where we argue the process was unfair and leaky might be our defence of that

Yes, the pandemic has changed my perspective a fair bit. Football really isn’t that important at the moment in the scheme of things. Even if we were to get a reduced one season ban (which still seems the most probable outcome to me), then for it to fall in a year when fans aren’t likely to be able to watch games anyway would lessen the blow a bit.

Could you explain Ric, why you believe a reduced 1 year sentence is a probable outcome, what are you basing this on?

Genuine question. What have we done wrong?

Ok - been fairly busy recently what with all that’s going on, so taking an hour to try and catch up on stuff - I see we have the dates now for the hearing, but anyone willing to give a Blinkist version of the thread for the last couple of weeks please ?
Sure. We have a date for the hearing now. Karen and Domothingy are meeting behind the back of Mary D's on June 8th to sort it out. No blades.

We are appealing again UEFA's conclusions not findings, they found nothing.

They have gone after us for non-compliance, the AC have presumed to join the dots.

Incidentally, whilst the judge in question is certainly of repute, his background is Human Rights (hardly a hanging offence), he had the horn for both Qatar and Abu Dhabi, previously.

It is difficult to overstate the vested interests between the various factions within Uefa and the two chambers on FFP.

As you say, we are now going before some very qualified legal professionals, that's all we have wanted from the outset.

A fair hearing.

It would be folly for us not to recruit the best counsel for this particular case, which is as much about procedure as it is about us being able to trust the people we are submitting evidence to.

Our defence isn't about whataboutery, that's not what CAS has any interest in.
Absolutely. We should hire the absolute best, as many as we can, because if we don’t UEFA might.

The stakes are very high. A Covid-19 world raised it up again no doubt. Both City and UEFA will have other, new pressing stuff on their mind.

I just hope we’ve judged our process through a prism of objectivity... where those highly skilled people of ours, at the centre of this that were compromised, have been moved to the side so that we’re pursuing all merits of this case against solid foundations and not because of a want to mend wounded pride.

I am sure we’re confident compared to how we felt UEFA we’re going to treat us. However, how much wriggle room we really have will soon be shown.

Personally I’d happily get out out of this on the 5 year/ time thing as long as the rest doesn’t stick to mean any sanctions.

Not guilty should be our first aim. ‘Why’ should be secondary. There’s plenty in the news for the foreseeable as to why the whys and wherefores wouldn’t be a concern and hang over us!

Could you explain Ric, why you believe a reduced 1 year sentence is a probable outcome, what are you basing this on?

Genuine question. What have we done wrong?
Just a hunch, really. Probable was maybe not the right word.

Just a hunch, really. Probable was maybe not the right word.

I think the majority of posts like that are based on a hunch. Probably arrives from previous cases UEFA have had to go to CAS with. There is limited information for your average Joe Bloggs, and it's why I greatly appreciate the insight we get on here from Colin and Tolmie. Those people, it would seem, are a little closer to the fire. Certainly PB who is in contact with some important people within the club, and this is his area of expertise.

That said, I do think the idea about certain individuals leaving in cuffs after this is done, is somewhat far fetched. However, from the information he has given, I would develop a hunch that suggests we will could well win this case.

Lack of cooperation isn't enough to justify any ban at all, let alone 2 years. And if we can prove the source of our sponsorship then that would surely put us in a strong position.

Maybe.

That process seems like something we’re going to look at for sure.

It looks like a very stacked deck. Not seemingly fit for purpose etc. But, a due process was observed and it seems like they do, at least sometimes, stack up at CAS.

In recent times, it looks like we’re going to go all in like no one else could or would. The stakes are then obviously high. As City Xtra put, it really is City v UEFA.
I keep coming back to it , but the Bosman case demonstrates just how arrogant and downright wrong uefa could be.
I’m sure they approached that case supremely confident that they were going to succeed, supported by the views of various expensive ‘legal experts’ that this was the case, only to be given a rude awakening by a relatively unknown Belgian footballer and his relatively unknown lawyer, who showed that the properly constituted law, not uefa’s notions of ‘what’s best for football according to us’ applies.
In fact , that is what the ECJ pointed out to uefa in no uncertain terms.

We’ve been the whipping boys for years when it comes to facing charges. Fair enough, we might have something on them, but as serious as their officials being led off in handcuffs? Can’t see it myself.

Yes. Definitely a little out there.

I do believe that we have some dirt, though.

Like many I have no clue what that would look like, but the clubs in question and people involved are certainly far from whiter than white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.