UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably did.

We are dealing with a different court here though.

I hope you’re right. But our case has fallen down thus far at three hurdles. The first UEFA panel (which probably wasn’t very rigorous or impartial), CAS I, which raised some concerns about how our case was being adjudicated but we don’t know if they’re going to be enough on their own to have it eventually thrown out, and lastly UEFA II, which was more rigorous but hopefully also circumspect.

UEFA do win at CAS. It’s not like their processes are completely ludicrous. Hopefully in our case, their case is like a sieve and we make them look daft.

There were 2 separate chambers of the UEFA CFCB who ruled on City. The first was the one that leaked like a sieve and as such we went to CAS. CAS rejected our appeal not on the merits of the case but because the CFCB process hadn’t been full.

My hope is that we didn’t fully comply with the investigation as we knew that they would find us guilty regardless, so have withheld evidence for the CAS hearing in pursuit of total exoneration. Might be wishful thinking, but who knows. Going to be fascinating to see how this plays out anyway, especially as the stakes are so high.

I think the evidence is most likely to be the full transcript of emails.
That would be a goldmine of information to our competitors at best or further the witch hunt against us at worst.

I can’t see how we can lose at an independent tribunal.

AC is made up of more than a single judge, they can only look at the evidence from the IC who rushed through their verdict due to the 5 year time rule. City have stated public that their evidence, 200 page document wasn’t considered. I think you should look at the history of the lead investigator Leterme, he’s dodgy to say the least In the PSG case the AC were aghast at his conduct

Maybe you will or maybe you won’t I hope you do
The process absolutely seems questionable. I’m sure we’ll question it thoroughly. That’s what CAS seemingly look at, the process of what transpired against the rules that each party signed up to. Leterme is also not without his faults, but he ultimately didn’t sign off on this, even if he was the public narrator.

I’m aware that CAS will now give us three judges as opposed to one. However it seemed overlooked to many that a proper, high standing judge had reviewed our case and decided we we worthy of a two year exemption from the Champions League (plus associated revenue costs) and a €30m fine. Somewhat unprecedented measures. It wasn’t Gill and Parry et al that eventually found us at fault, it was a high standing European judge.

I reiterate, I hope we can deliver a conclusive argument that clears us of all charges and leaves no doubt about our innocence. I’d personally take an exoneration with loads of hanging questions marks right now just to move on! However I think the mere fact we’re in this predicament suggests we’re not as on top things as we think/ hope and there are weaknesses in our position that we need to get leading legal people to fight.

Time will eventually tell what these eventualities look like, but we inevitably have some sticky areas that we need to explain. The fact we decided to talk about aspects of these areas in email correspondence seems pretty poor judgment by those involved, given their professional standing.

I’m sure in all our walks of life we occasionally make poor decisions, but in a very public facing business these could be subject to serious exploitation. We’ve been exploited via hacking to defend a case other parties wanted answering almost since our takeover and were openly pressuring UEFA about investigating. We paid our high ranking people significant sums of remuneration to hopefully avoid such eventualities. Alas, it didn’t workout because we made internal errors of judgement that were leaked, reported and then collated to make us, at this stage, in breach of regulations, even if those regulations are not seemingly very fair from an objective viewpoint.

I think it is though fair to say UEFA will be told some of their processes are poor etc. but will that be enough for them to lose the case?

Time will tell and it depends what we can prove/ have up our sleeve.

There were 2 separate chambers of the UEFA CFCB who ruled on City. The first was the one that leaked like a sieve and as such we went to CAS. CAS rejected our appeal not on the merits of the case but because the CFCB process hadn’t been full.
Yep. But the second chamber had at least some legal element that shouldn’t be completely discounted. The first phase did, without seeing the process, come across like an absolute farce.

Hopefully when three other judges review this case they’ll think our position and interpretation of evidence, in relation to the processes we signed up to, is top notch and it’ll be enough to discount the original decision.

Yep. But the second chamber had at least some legal element that shouldn’t be completely discounted. The first phase did, without seeing the process, come across like an absolute farce.

Hopefully when three other judges review this case they’ll think our position and interpretation of evidence, in relation to the processes we signed up to, is top notch and it’ll be enough to discount the original decision.

Corruption reaches the highest levels & across every industry, that includes judges & lawyers.

Handbags at dawn
200w.gif

Caught them on hidden camera

domilino can be found on every thread(except the anglers) arguing with anyone and everyone ,he's like bluemoons pet Pitbull, but ill give dommy this , he know his facts, as for the ignore button, that should be banned ,its a forum with debate, not everyone will agree with things, especially if your domilino :), have a verbal sparring then back away, move on, this is football

Not certain, why you addressed me with this though. I merely said there is more than one "never wrong" at BM.

I've no issue trying to argue a point here. Goodness knows I've done it. However, I don't see how disrespecting the person you are trying to bring to your point of view helps your cause. I suppose I was raised well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.