UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen and detailed analysis in the press of what our defense is ? I have not why is this ? What a it because we won’t go on record with it ? Is it legal reasons ? Is it bias ? Why can I get it on here but not off alleged professionals ? Especially some of the stuff that’s on public record about who owns what etc
The press only seem interested in a City guilty verdict
Any hint of Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool etc being involved and the process being corrupted is completely ignored

Are you thinking of a statement by UEFA on day 2 saying that they have withdrawn City's ban on the basis that City have presented evidence at the CAS proving that they did not break FFP rules as all sponsorship payments have been demonstrated as having been paid in full by the sponsors. Acknowledgement that this evidence was presented by City to the CFCB IC but not considered by either the IC or AC, probably with emphasis that the CFCB is fully independent of UEFA. UEFA apologise to City and state that they will continue to treat City with impartiality, as they have always done (ie they will now treat City with impartiality including an end to corrupt reffing against us in the UCL( perhaps already started). A full investigation will be made into the CFCB... Complete victory would be a place on the high table, the real war then begins.

I am optimistic because of the total confidence that appears to come from the highest levels at City. It could be that they are trying to stay alive as long as possible for some chance of rescue from a disaster but they have shown how successful they are in the rarified air of the highest levels of business. They know what they are doing and I believe their confidence is rooted in their knowledge of their chance of success.
Just drop Ceferin a email copy of that post. Tell him: "you know what to do."

Has anyone seen and detailed analysis in the press of what our defense is ? I have not why is this ? What a it because we won’t go on record with it ? Is it legal reasons ? Is it bias ? Why can I get it on here but not off alleged professionals ? Especially some of the stuff that’s on public record about who owns what etc

There has been some speculation about City's defence in the press but it is much more limited than the speculation you'll read on here. City has revealed nothing about the evidence or the arguments it will use in court because one of the arguments used in the first appeal to CAS was that information had been leaked from the IC in what is supposed to be a confidential process and so mounting our defence in the press would almost certainly be seen as prejudicing the case. Lord Pannick ia apparently quite a performer in court and we wouldn't want to spoil the effect by letting everyone know what lines he was going to deliver! One other fairly obvious reason for lack of speculation in the press of what our defence MIGHT be is lack of interest - to the press we're guilty and they simply wish to see us hanged, drawn and quartered. Suggesting we can challenge that guilty verdict is tantamount to treason, although, to be fair, in the immediate aftermath of the AC's decision the BBC ended a long report with the comment that City were confident of proving they had done nothing wrong.

There has been some speculation about City's defence in the press but it is much more limited than the speculation you'll read on here. City has revealed nothing about the evidence or the arguments it will use in court because one of the arguments used in the first appeal to CAS was that information had been leaked from the IC in what is supposed to be a confidential process and so mounting our defence in the press would almost certainly be seen as prejudicing the case. Lord Pannick ia apparently quite a performer in court and we wouldn't want to spoil the effect by letting everyone know what lines he was going to deliver! One other fairly obvious reason for lack of speculation in the press of what our defence MIGHT be is lack of interest - to the press we're guilty and they simply wish to see us hanged, drawn and quartered. Suggesting we can challenge that guilty verdict is tantamount to treason, although, to be fair, in the immediate aftermath of the AC's decision the BBC ended a long report with the comment that City were confident of proving they had done nothing wrong.
I have noticed a change in tone with some of the media, particularly The Times, since Christmas. I think some of the more established journalists have started to realise that us being banned is not a done deal. A few of the more stupid ones were used as stooges by UEFA with the selective leaks before Christmas. Of course I am not referring to the deranged members of the Delaney club. They have invested too much to give up now but I think they are increasingly looking isolated.

Maybe PB, Tolmie's H or other legal experts may know more about this.

I have read that CAS is advisory. Is that true?

If so, should they rule in our favour, is it true that UEFA do not have to accept the decision and could suggest a reduction of the ban to one year,if they are so minded?

City would not accept that and the next step would be to take UEFA on in court. That could take many years. If it does come to that, in theory, UEFA could leave the original two year ban in situ, using the argument that it needs to still be decided.

My fear and that of a well respected fellow Blue is that we are going to be stitched up.

Can UEFA really ignore the CAS ruling?

Last edited:
The decisive EFL EGM is on the 8th too - should be a fun week.

If so, should they rule in our favour, is it true that UEFA do not have to accept the decision and could suggest a reduction of the ban to one year.

City would not accept that and the next step would be to take UEFA on in court. That coukd take many years. If it does come to that, in theory, UEFA could leave the original two year ban in situ, using the argument that it needs to still be decided.

My fear and that of a well respected fellow Blue we are going to be stitched up.

CAS mediation is non-binding but awards of the court are, and this falls into the latter. If UEFA ignored a ruling in City's favour I could see FIFA getting involved or it going to the Swiss FSC, but I can't see it being ignored.

Nervous about the outcome. How nervous?

Heres some mathematics to help you decide

Think how nervous you were @ Wembley for FA Cup Semi Final v United and divide it by a factor of say a million...?

In terms of the poll - City fans are eternal pessimists, that's where the gallows humour comes from.
The poll means nought, no-one on here knows nothing one way or another.
Just thought I'd post on here while Reddit is down.

Last edited:

If so, should they rule in our favour, is it true that UEFA do not have to accept the decision and could suggest a reduction of the ban to one year,if they are so minded?

City would not accept that and the next step would be to take UEFA on in court. That could take many years. If it does come to that, in theory, UEFA could leave the original two year ban in situ, using the argument that it needs to still be decided.

My fear and that of a well respected fellow Blue is that we are going to be stitched up.

Surely not... what would be the point of CAS if their verdict can just be ignored?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.