UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we get a complete exoneration from CAS. We will always be tarred as getting away with it. This will be due to UEFA not following their own procedures. Just imagine how the press will tar us.

If the Premier League finishes this season then the rule doesn't apply. As far as I can see it is a one-off for this season only:

UEFA reserves the right to refuse or evaluate the admission to any club proposed by a National Association from a prematurely terminated domestic competition in particular where:

• the domestic competitions have not been prematurely terminated based on the reasons given in these UEFA guidelines or on the basis of any other legitimate public health reasons;

• the clubs were selected pursuant to a procedure which was not objective, transparent and non-discriminatory so that the selected clubs could not be considered as having been qualified on sporting merit;

• there is a public perception of unfairness in the qualification of the club.
This is quite staggering , basically if you don’t break any rules but all the other clubs /fans think you have , you are guilty by public perception, mind blowing & straight out of some despots rule book .

I think the fact that we accepted a settlement prevented any further action

Thing is UEFAs stance on the hacked emails is basically, " they were in the public domaine it appears something went on and therefore we have a duty of care to the other clubs within the UEFA family to investigate ". If that's the case with UEFA, why would things be different regarding the hacking and the PL. They knew we negotiated an agreement with Liverpool and the fact they gave us the money for it to go away admits guilt? So why no investigation to see if Liverpool had acted in a similar fashion elsewhere or if Liverpools actions contravened any PL rules regardless of the understanding between the two clubs.

Liverpool's hacking gave rise to three types of misdemeanors.
1. Civil Tort. We settled that by accepting a payment.
2. Criminal action under the Misuse of Computers act. Not clear why no action taken here. There is no Statutory Limitation for crimes.
3. Administrative action by PL, FA. FA declined to act as the offences were too long ago. Not a rule, just their view. PL decined to look! (Have I got FA and PL right way round?)

If the Premier League finishes this season then the rule doesn't apply. As far as I can see it is a one-off for this season only:

UEFA reserves the right to refuse or evaluate the admission to any club proposed by a National Association from a prematurely terminated domestic competition in particular where:

• the domestic competitions have not been prematurely terminated based on the reasons given in these UEFA guidelines or on the basis of any other legitimate public health reasons;

• the clubs were selected pursuant to a procedure which was not objective, transparent and non-discriminatory so that the selected clubs could not be considered as having been qualified on sporting merit;

• there is a public perception of unfairness in the qualification of the club.

The lawyers will be happy regardless of the outcome!

Is anybody really arsed what the public perception is?

I could not give 2 fucks. Most people think they matter but in reality they dont

We already know that the " public perception " has been so heavily warped against us by the rag/dipper loving media whores that we are damned no matter what happens.

Is anybody really arsed what the public perception is?

I could not give 2 fucks. Most people think they matter but in reality they dont

Personally, so long as the final outcome, preferably from the CAS, is we have no verdict against us and no penalty. Then thats fine by me. I honestly don't give a shite what fans of other clubs have to say.

When the time comes for CAS to deliver their verdict. When they say we are in the clear (hopefully). I am expecting UEFA to come back again with some more charges of a different kind.

We all know that UEFA have got it in for us. It all goes back to when we turned out a few seconds late after half -time, and got fined more than a team shows finds were singing racist songs to the opposing team
As has been said many times, it’s not UEFA per se that have it in for us, just the clubs that squeeze their balls. The feeling is that UEFA now are seeing where the future lies now and that’s not with the G14 but with where the money is, I.e. the new money. We’ve seen Ceferin distance himself from the Adjudicatory system and attempt to broker a deal. I’m sure that even if we win we won’t be laying the blame at UEFA’s door and I can see a more harmonious future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.