UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing set for 8/9/10th June

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. swinton blue

swinton blue

PSG offence was kicked out by CAS on a timing technicality even if they were guilty of the offence

flook likes this.
  2. Dubai Blue

Dubai Blue

Agreed. But I don't think the emails even say that. The one I've seen doesn't anyway.

It says that the money due from Abu Dhabi companies must be deposited directly into City's account by each individual company. i.e. It mustn't be paid to ADUG, who then transfer a lump sum over to City along with equity investment.

It sounds like whoever wrote that email had heard that the above was about to happen and he was reminding them that each payment must come direct from each sponsor's account.

How that money actually got into those accounts is none of UEFA's business.

BlueMojito, Gordyola and doobyedoobye like this.
  3. Mr Partridge

Mr Partridge

VAR have looked at City's Champion League ban...

It's now 10 years.

manchester blue likes this.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Ric

Ric

I think she’s far more pro-active than many people give her credit for. The problem is we’re not holding that many cards. If you think we get a bad press now, it would be a million times worse if we started banning journalists.

5. Cornish_Blue

Cornish_Blue

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Blind optimism. You do realise we are City not PSG.

6. Mon Autre

Mon Autre

I totally agree with you BUT I do kind of think that if we genuinely felt on the right side of the argument we should have contested this in court from the off. Instead we've just done our own thing, broken the rules and hoped we'd get away with it. I don't think we've covered ourselves in glory here and I'm pretty disappointed that an operation as slick as ours hasn't found a smarter way of dealing with this. Really hoping that on appeal this will reduced to one year (which I can deal with given next season will be quite transitional) and also that we go completely mental and tear down every other club we can. Plenty of other clubs are behaving in a very dodgy manner and I hope we make sure they're called out on it.

bluemoon32 likes this.
  7. urban genie

urban genie

One thing I am strugling with is the charge.

Etihad have many investors from the UAE and obviously our owner is one, there is nothing fraudulant or corrupt about such investment and cetainly not illegal

If etihad use some of their investments to them to fund our sponsorship, well that's their decission and shouldn't need to be declared in my opinion.

So the only way uefa could know the money may have been partly from investmemts from the shiek could inly be found out through illegal means such as the hacking claims.

So uefa are using illegal means and inuendo to make a case and charge us.

Anyone defending uefa is defending illegal acts and collusion.

deegee33 likes this.
  8. Gordyola

Gordyola

Team supported:
    City of course
    Read the club statement it’s all in there The process has belonged to the corrupt UEFA now it goes to an independent body

9. give it to gordon

give it to gordon

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    This could smash football into pieces and can see a breakaway league forming and playing in a world supaleague. Leave the cartel clubs to their Micky mouse champs league , that the dippers and rags play in the premiership and play each other 38 times per season.
    That's have a better league , even at international level if they tried to say only players playing in the premiership can play for there country so be it. If it means all the world class players are playing in the breakaway league it will devalue the world cup as well.......

I might be getting ahead of myself lol

10. toffee balls

toffee balls

How could it be worse Ric.

manchester blue likes this.