UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope your right TH but the image of our club has been severely damaged
Football was always divided. The fissure just got wider.

A pariah is not generally a good thing to be but if you're a pariah of UEFA, Liverpool FC, Tebas, Real Madrid, Man Utd then we are no more pariahs than the Resistance and Partisans were in WW2.

There are no absolute truths. FFP was not a neutral code it was a device and part of the cartels war plans, and heh we've fallen foul of it. Well that was the plan.

If City fans are mobilised then that's half the battle won. My best days as a City fan were from 1999 to 2012. Let's do it all over again and bring down this house of cards.

Its almost impossible to make sense of this scenario. An element within UEFA were desperate to stop us in our tracks and if you read the ramblings of someone like Tabas -his hatred and loathing for our club and our owners is clearly clouding his judgement. However, everyone at UEFA can't be that stupid.... Can they? There's clearly factions within UEFA …. The likes of Gill who just want us banned full stop but clearly this hard line wasn't universal hence the olive branch of a deal. It hard to be objective sometimes when you are under attack, but City rejecting another "pinch" suggests we have some confidence in our case and suggests we know how determined the likes of Gill are to destroy us. I'm thinking for all the allegations of softness and weakness the full weight of the UAE is going to be unleashed to destroy those that are behind this. We need to stick together, we need to be patient and this will create issues for the club, but our strategy thus far of being nice and trying to fit in has got us nowhere. We need to get the gloves off, fight our enemies, let our financial advantage benefit us and be resolute. We are going to need to destroy UEFA and expose and take down some of the elite clubs.... yesterday was a unique day in football and hopefully for many it will be marked as the beginning of the end. I'm sure as reported City have been gathering data on our rivals and with Liverpool, United, Juve, Barca and Real Madrid you wouldn't have to dig far to find all manner of corruption. Hang in there blues... Stick with the team, lets bond around this and see it through.
I'm in. William Wallace power activated

Reactions: nmc
The outcome of this will define us for a generation.
Everyone can have a say, but some people on here do have more knowledge a d experience than others.
With such volume coming through, would it be a good idea to have a separate thread with just a few of the people with a clue.
@Prestwich_Blue et al, and leave the guessers like me on this thread.

Great idea. Having to sieve through all the opinion and general comments on the matter can be tiresome.

A thread that maybe only a few posters that have a really good understanding and knowledge on the subject can post on would be a great idea.

I don't think this is a valid defence though. Each case judged on its merits and all that. If the CAS believe we have misrepresented our sponsorship deals to inflate our revenues they'll uphold the ban and the fine and we'll have a points deduction from the PL too. It won't matter what other clubs have done.
On what basis will the PL deduct points PL FFP is different to UEFA and didn’t come in until after this sledge wrong doings

Knowing that we would be certain to go to CAS and still making the judgement they did tells us UEFA have this in the bag. They’ve made all the necessary payments and CAS is essentially an arm of UEFA. They are playing us like a fiddle. City fans keep saying they might win the battle but we’ll win the war? We’ll lose every time as it’s corrupt. That’s kind of why we’re here in the first place but you can’t really defeat corruption.

There is another possibility... and given that UEFA we apparently looking for a way out I think this might play out another way.

CAS is the solution for UEFA as well as City.

If CAS reverses the decision then it saves face for UEFA, but stops City Going Postal on UEFA with lawyers.

So maybe its in UEFA's interests to stack the CAS panel in favour of City.

The more I think about it, the more I see this happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.