UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing set for 8/9/10th June

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. DJBusinesscake

DJBusinesscake

Probably, or just twisted or he said it years ago whilst at Monaco lol

2. Millwallawayveteran1988

Millwallawayveteran1988

My gut feeling is that Pep would be leaving regardless of this. If not at the end of this season then certainly the next. I’d actually say this season. He looks pissed off with it all to me, particularly dealing with the media.

3. TheThirdDeano

TheThirdDeano

I know it’s old but does anyone have a link to a news story about the other clubs signing a letter complaining about us and demanding someone take action?

think it was sent in Arsenal headed stationary

ADVERTISEMENT

4. toffee balls

toffee balls

I feel your pain pal but why give up on your club now.

5. I'm With Stupid

I'm With Stupid

The allegation, I believe, was that UEFA doled out that fine on the basis of the accounts we submitted, and that subsequently they found out that those accounts were false and actually a large amount of the Sheikh's money was funneled through the sponsors in order to allow him to spend more than we were making in sponsorship.

It's a bizarre allegation for two reasons. Firstly, we submitted fraudulent accounts, but apparently didn't go so far as making sure that we actually passed FFP. And secondly, we put money into the club via Etihad, etc, but somehow ended up with sponsorship deals that were roughly the same as other similarly-performing clubs at the time. If I remember rightly, there was also a slightly dodgy bit of income from licencing some of our technology, or expertise of intellectual property (?) to other CFG clubs, which again, is not the sort of thing a club does if it's cooking the books to the extent that we're accused of doing. Basically they're accusing us of lying on FFP and submitting accounts that......still didn't pass it?

John Wayne likes this.
  6. Stinny66

Stinny66

Team supported:
    Man city f.C
    Let’s all take a big deep breath and let’s enjoy the rest of the season. What happens in summer will happen. I think we will take a 1 year ban and fine. The Premier League will bottle it and we will move forward. It’s now in the open that we are the most hated club in Britain and Europe. But I don't give a flying fuck. I love the club and we will still be a force next season, up the City!

Lasted edited by : 16 Feb 2020
  7. lancs blue

lancs blue

CAS is an arbitration and mediation court so increased sanctions are not in their remit.

As I understand it there are three options for CAS:

Uphold the 2 year ban & fine
    Recommend a reduced sanction
    Overturn the entire sanction

Also this case has nothing to do with the PL unless the charge is upheld, and even then it would surely have to be the subject of a separate case based on FA and PL rules at the time.

8. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

There were guarantees given to us by Etihad.
    So if they're matching "His Highness" in the leaked email to the paper trail they acquired during the 2014 investigation then they've fucked up on a grand scale as "His Highess" is NOT "His Highness Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa". It is "Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan" the Emir of Abu Dhabhi and ultimate owner of Etihad.
    Still it will prove that they never read our rebuttal document.

Last edited: 16 Feb 2020
  9. George Hannah

George Hannah

I'm obliged but try to remember

[​IMG]

10. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

I agree that CAS will not care about the leaks. That's not their job. But it is clear from City's statements that we are going all the way whatever CAS says. We have no choice but to take UEFA on head-on. This battle is about CFG posing a global threat to EUFA's position. No one would dispute that UEFA is a corrupt organisation. There is no point City co-operating with UEFA. Why would City send confidential business information to an organisation staffed by our political enemies and commercial rivals? And worse than that, an organisation that has been systematically leaking private information to our commercial rivals and a hostile media. We would be stupid to co-operate with UEFA.