UEFA FFP investigation - CAS hearing set for 8/9/10th June

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. TheRemainsOfTheDave

TheRemainsOfTheDave

Yes, possibly, I'm not clear on their version, but we certainly won't be allowed to fill our boots. If the rules currently did allow it, they'd be changed ... just for us.

SidJames likes this.
  2. i8therags

i8therags

Cheers.

3. OB1

OB1

There's an awful lot of hyperbole about.

If any ban is upheld. I would expect City to take legal action against FFP and in particular to fight the notion that we should have to comply with the loss making rules when we have been put in a position that robs us of huge sums of income. All this shit has to be challenged in court.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. cjn

cjn

We clearly broke at least the the spirit of the rules though, right? I'm not an FFP expert, but I'm pretty sure you aren't supposed to essentially reimburse sponsors for the money they agreed to pay you.

5. City_Sean

City_Sean

You can't be naive enough to think City are innocent and this is just some huge UEFA conspiracy? There are emails stating where the money from Etihad has come from.

6. BobKowalski

BobKowalski

Couple of points stuck out for me. First is that UEFA upped the ban in part because of City hostility and the pre-emptive attempt to get CAS to throw out the case. This is also relates to some journos banging on about City ‘disrespecting UEFA’ as if respect wasn’t a two way street. This isn’t going to end with a CAS ruling irrespective of whatever the ruling is. City winning will only increase UEFA hostility and that will only end if UEFA is no more or the the people running it currently are gone. This is going to be a long drawn out war.

Secondly was other clubs nervous about getting caught in the crossfire. This is inevitable because all clubs have shit they don’t want out there and City are going to want everyone’s shit out in the open. The Liverpool hacking case only surfaced recently and there is a ton of murky club/agent stuff that never sees the light of day. Glazers got their hooks into Man U when the Irish shareholders started digging in response to Taggert being an arse. This is going to be a long war and a dirty one. All City need is the resources and the resolve to stick it out.

petrusha, BosnianBlue, OB1 and 3 others like this.
  7. waspish

waspish

Was that against the rules of Uefa?

8. 93.20blue

93.20blue

Team supported:
    City
    we have nothing to worry about ,

FFP introduced by plattini ( whos been arrested for corruption )

UEFA got there information of a hacker ( hacker been arrested )

Don’t see how we can loose in court especially with all the top lawyers we have

9. karen7

karen7

No we won't,that would admitting some guilt and khaldoon has given us his word we are not,the time for the epic batle here,it's time to end FFP or they will just come back again and again

I feel confident today,i have my militant head on

Bobbyespania likes this.
  10. Ric

Ric

Really don’t think it’s that simple.