UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So if a sporting club stipulated only white players....?

Obviously that would be racism - let's not go there

What if the Russian athelete's banned from the Olympics argued that taking PED's was their "human right"???

I really want this to go City's way and I think it will, I was just asking if a law court could / would find FFP illegal?

I'm putting some blame with the club for getting us to the point where we now have to pray that CAS gets it right, which is by no means assured, or else we face some really bad consequences. I don't care what business you're in, if you let a dispute go far enough that you have to win an appeal or else you lose £150m or whatever in revenue plus suffer massive reputation damage, you probably fucked up somewhere along the way. I agree with all of what you're saying. FFP is garbage, it's unfair, maybe even racist, but I think we messed this up. We should've just handled it the first time around, or settled, or de-escalated it. It's a mess.
I think it was inevitable that one day UEFA would find an excuse to ban City. City were "destroying football" according to the old guard and the media. Somebody had to stop us. CITY BANNED FROM FOOTBALL FOR BEING TOO GOOD.

Spot on pal.

Cheers dude. Funnily enough, my respect and loyalty for this club grows stronger and stronger as this charade goes on. Spent my early days watching fellow blues signing "Swales out" and now; the club is a super-club in the middle of a political battle that could topple the corrupt cartel of football. Love it!

Sources have said that the mood in the squad meeting on Saturday was 'defiant', with one describing the message as being along the lines of, “If UEFA don’t love us, f*** it, we’ll show them
(From City xtra)

Your point on sponsorship agreed.
But as to your second point the tweet doesn't mention 'untruthful reporting of their financial situation', it refers to ' failing to co-operate' in the investigation' , an entirely different thing.
The failing to co-operate is the same thing. You have failed to co-operate by not giving them the full financial documents they wanted which is the breach of that rule for licensing.

City is saying they have been cooperating by giving all the necessary informations but obviously UEFA consider the football leaks as information City has tried to hide. On other news, you'll see that City has lied or has been charged for "deceit" (Conn article). It is all different terms that refer to the same breach.

I am as sceptical as anyone about conspiracy theories but what can't be disputed is that Abu Dhabi and Qatar are on different sides in a very bloody war in the Middle East at present
Yes, it can be disputed as it’s not actually true at all. They’re both on literally the same side in the only bloody war going on in the Middle East that either are involved with (Yemen) as they’re both part of a Saudi led alliance that backs the government against Iranian backed rebels.

Unless you’re aware of another bloody war that no one’s informed me about.

Cheers dude. Funnily enough, my respect and loyalty for this club grows stronger and stronger as this charade goes on. Spent my early days watching fellow blues signing "Swales out" and now; the club is a super-club in the middle of a political battle that could topple the corrupt cartel of football. Love it!
Think I’ve found a Bluemoon soulmate / Bromance lol

https://apple.news/AcvKf8csaNCKEbm8UNOh3IA

Piece in the Guardian that is well written. Buckle up boys and girls, this is going to get interesting.

I've been saying this for years no way will we or any other big name get banned .

UEFA know it's the end of them if we do.

On champs league weeks we play more lucrative friends / tournaments again the best from the far East, usa, central America and throw into that any big name that wants a slice of the pie Celtic, rangers , a.c. Milan, with out UEFA taking their slice , all sponshership money going straight to the club's.

It would be the start of a break away league

We are owned by one Sheikh. One of about 500 in the UAE. Similarly what's the connection with the PRC?

Ubtech and China sports capital, connected to the Chinese government bought shares a couple of years back. Do you not remember Xi Jinping having his picture taken with Aguero when they announced it?

Mansour is the deputy prime minister of the UAE so I think he has some pretty interesting contacts on speed dial. Don’t fuck with peoples investments Uefa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.