UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I broadly agree with what you are saying but I think we can safely say that at this stage FFP is not in the dock and not at all up for discussion at CAS
I listened to the 93:20 pod* and from what was said on there and from what appears to have come out City are not arguing the rights/wrongs as they don’t believe they have to. City will argue 1) the time period of any alleged wrong doing is covered in the previous settlement and also 2) even if it’s not, UEFA’s own statue of limitations of 5 years prevents them from investigating, never mind charging and sentencing a club
City appear to be in this for all or nothing. City better be right!
I find it inconceivable that a club this big with the recourses they have to be this wrong. Putting to one side the rather unprofessional and crass emails, the rules are the rules and the settlement, time periods etc should have been fully understood by anyone at the club with any dealings with the legal and financial matters.
I think UEFA have pushed this due to political pressure and hoped City would fold, come to the table and negotiate this out. City in their belief didn’t need to because they think they are in the right but there are plenty of people sat in prison who ‘believed’ they did no wrong
Like I said, City better be right.....
*well worth the subscription fee
Just caught me on the way out to the Brexit thread
I thought UEFA just sneaked the first committee's recommendation through in time to meet the five year deadline?
If what you say is true then City are arguing on principles as opposed to detailed evidence?
But that seems contrary to Khaldoon's reference to City having detailed information as to the club's 'innocence'?

Whatever happens, things are only going to get worse. If the Champions League stays in its current form with massive amounts of money and dodgy rules preventing anyone outside of the cartel from competing, it has no legitimacy as the most prestigious competition. But if UEFA are fucked off, then it's likely that any replacement will be even worse, with some sort of invitation-only alternative (perhaps with the illusion of qualification) purely designed to make money for the already rich clubs. And make no mistake, our owners would be as much in favour of that as anyone else provided we were on the right side of it.
Yes any breakaway league would be like Kerry Packer's cricket circus (for those with long memories) It would be a good event for the empty seat counters though. The irony is that if UEFA split the revenues more fairly from the Champions League/ Europa League giving a better chance to teams like Ajax, Benfica, Zenit etc the CL could be fantastic. I was in Spain last week and met an Athletico Madrid fan who said she loved what City are doing. She and her husband said Spanish football had been destroyed by the dominance of Barca and Real Madrid.

Again, unlike some here I'm not wasting my life combing through to figure out what we did and didn't do. We clearly arent innocent and if you can't admit maybe we've skirted rules to get where we are then it's pointless.
Feel free to log out and forget you password anytime you want fella. I doubt anyone would be too upset.

Responding to your reply above to another poster.
What you say has some validity.
But having been as you say 'creative' , it's best to prevent this information from being hacked into and to make sure that such 'creativity' cannot be interpreted as rule breaking ( that's still to be resolved).

Agree, of course, but shit happened, in the big scheme of things it was good move. Let's hope we'll limit or remove this potential damage.

Yes any breakaway league would be like Kerry Packer's cricket circus (for those with long memories) It would be a good event for the empty seat counters though. The irony is that if UEFA split the revenues more fairly from the Champions League/ Europa League giving a better chance to teams like Ajax, Benfica, Zenit etc the CL could be fantastic. I was in Spain last week and met an Athletico Madrid fan who said she loved what City are doing. She and her husband said Spanish football had been destroyed by the dominance of Barca and Real Madrid.

Bloody hell - Kerry Packer. That takes me back...

we are being accused of something very specific which we say we didn't do

and how do you square this from the club statement

The Club has always anticipated the ultimate need to seek out an independent body and process to impartially consider the comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence in support of its position.
No, guilty as charged. The heinous crime of our owner investing in the club in exactly the same way as our rivals.

I honestly believe CAS have no bias in this which should play into our hands.

I hope so mate. Lots of talk about winning on due process. Fuck that, guilty people get off on due process, we’ll be tainted for ever. We need to be totally exonerated and end ffpr. Bring the fucking house crashing down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.