UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to repost my plea from last week, as I think it is still very relevant.

Rob Harris is absolutely being disingenuous (well, lying, really) with his remarks implying he has simply brought balanced reporting to the fray, and he may very well be falsely insinuating that he has caught inappropriate abuse for his obvious anti-City reporting. But this is still an important reminder that it is never an acceptable response to threaten or abuse the reporter. And doing so just plays in to his hands — allowing him to further call City supporters “toxic” and “vile” and use the instances of abuse as examples.

I know every blue is incensed by the vitriol, hypocrisy, and rampant dishonesty of the many pundits, reporters, “journalists”, and talking heads commenting on UEFA’s ruling and City in general, including attacking supporters directly.

I am also disgusted by the extent and ferocity of it — the Harris twins, Delaney, Conn, and a few others have been especially bad since the announcement.

But let’s not lower ourselves to their incriminations and play in to their desired narrative by advocating violence toward those people or their property, or threatening them on social media. It’s obviously not going to be allowed on the forum (or those platforms, as it’ll eventually be reported) but, much more importantly, it is not right and is certainly not the way to show the world that the press’ venomous attacks on us and the club should be denounced and repudiated.

We can discuss whether the club has been a “soft touch” when it comes to handing the media, or if we as supporters should be more vociferous with our defence of the club and rebukes of many “journalists” that are most blindingly critical of City, without succumbing to the more base, juvenile, entirely counterproductive, and plainly wrong methods of showing our disgust.

Let’s show them that they can’t manipulate us in to being the sort of supporters they want the world to think we are.

We *are* City, after all, and we are some of the best supporters the world has ever seen — let’s show everyone why during this challenging time, without violence or unnecessary aggression.

Don’t give them what they want, especially Nick and Rob. Let’s starve them of ammunition, not act as their their supply line.
I`m getting a little concerned with your post ... seeing you identify them with their christian names !! WTF is that all about ? ;)

Uefa will undoubtedly still be trying to avoid this going to CAS.

Between now and July, I expect another cowardly offer.

CAS are big on mediation.

If what Soriano said about disregarding our evidence and only relying on out of context emails to make their judgement, this won't even get to a full CAS hearing, they will dismiss it when the parties submit their briefs for consideration of whether UEFA's ban should stand or be suspended during the hearing.

Of course it is. He's doing it for the cameras, they would have been told nothing was getting answered about FFP before Pep sat down, but little Simon wants to be the one on the news if Pep reacts to it.

It may have started as a question from simple simon but his final words were a statement which he couldn't help himself with.
Pep should not have took the bait.

Rob Harris and Nic Harris, are they related? I heard they are the first pair of babies came to world trough the anus.

Afternoon guys. Thanks for all the great posts. Just scrolling through the Guardian's '10 things to look forward to'. Lots of the usual posters trolling over there, one of them is actively reading here (****head!) - they are obsessed with City, lol. It is really desperately sad to have your life defined and shaped by an obsession with a rival club!

If what Soriano said about disregarding our evidence and only relying on out of context emails to make their judgement, this won't even get to a full CAS hearing, they will dismiss it when the parties submit their briefs for consideration of whether UEFA's ban should stand or be suspended during the hearing.
And yet the UEFA AC found City guilty.

And yet the UEFA AC found City guilty.

Yes. And yet our defence is being lead by a QC in the same chambers as someone who convicted us. Chances of them not speaking or Pannick going in blind are zero. Which doesn't mean everything, but it's interesting. These guys don't take on cases they think are lost causes.

If UEFA have done what the club say, it's a cataclysmic fuck up, so I don't know what would have made them do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.