UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keegan is 12 months late on the Pinto story. There is still nothing to suggest that UEFA have even seen the hacked emails whose content is contested by City. The emails and other parts of the Pinto cache are part of the evidence in the ongoing criminal prosecution of Pinto. How can UEFA (a sports body) gain access to stolen property which is evidence in an international police investigation before the outcome of the criminal trial?
Meanwhile we can asssume that City do know exactly what is in the emails and their full context (not just the tiny Der Spiegel extracts). UEFA can't possibly take action when they don't have this information, never mind the fact they have bungled the entire process. The UK press seems to have finally woken up to this element of the story which has been published extensively in the US and Portgual for the last 12 months.
How could UEFA have viewed the emails? Are you suggesting they are considering throwing us out of the champions league on here say?

I don't normally do conspiracy theories, but anyway what the heck...

What for a minute the end game here was a preempted plan to discredit uefa and wrestle control of european football, its setup and more importantly its rights and revenue making ability

Now we all know that this ongoing case is being pushed by certain organisations to make uefa punish us, which puts uefa in a very hard place. Do they succumb to the cartel and act, risking a lengthy possibly huge financial backlash from us.......

....or do they go against the cartel which would cause a huge outcry from those clubs which could run the risk of the cartel saying that uefa are unfit to run european football

As has been said already City have known grievances with certain clubs and as khaldoon revealed last year we have hard evidence against them of perceived wrongdoing, it could get very interesting very soon

Whatever is going on i just hope we are ready for the war that will follow and we expose whatever clubs and their representatives are involved

Who knows... chats at the water fountain... Gill may be chatting to lots of people gathering evidence and corroborating information. I think it’s clear City know who’s been stirring the pot and I wouldn’t be surprised to see us extract revenge in some form or another. Napoleon met his Waterloo ! And I’m hopeful Gill will too.

Well its either united or liverpool. The question is which one was daft enough to do it.

I prtsonally hope we have evidence on both the fuckers. United are nearly done, they are languishing and sinking fast

Liverpool on the other hand have seen an upturn and we all know how they operate...i actually hope that this has their mucky thieving fingerprints all over it and the supposed hard evidence you mentioned has them included

And so, 22 hours later, McGeehan hasn't removed his tweet claiming that the CAS lambasted City's case despite it being demonstrably untrue and despite the fact that he acknowledged it himself. In the meantime, it gets a like from Michael Calvin, so then Calvin's followers see it and assume it to be true. There, right there, is everything you need to know about McGeehan's intellectual integrity. He has none, and is merely a deliberate disseminator of untruths for his own ends.

What does this say about those sports journalists who've adopted this man as their go-to expert on all matters UAE? Well, some are probably interminably lazy and can't be bothered checking the bona fides of the source. Others, though, are no doubt engaged in the same rancid pursuit as McGeehan.

why are people so confident that if 'found guilty' and given a ban, CAS would overturn that ruling in our favour?

This is different to any other previous FFP case, including our own punishment. From what i understand, So far, clubs have (including ourselves) been accused of breaching FFP limits, and CAS simply ruled that the punishments were disproportionate and unfair, not that the breach didn't occur. In some cases, the punishment was avoided, in n others suspended (but still applied).

What we are accused of is different, it is not breaching ffp, it is misleading uefa and book-fixing, effectively claimed as cheating. It no longer becomes a simple, is the punishment too onerous for the breach (of a shit rule), and the message CAS would be sending puts a different pressure on the whole thing, if we are found guilty by Uefa.

Putting aside all the crap, about how this came about, the 'evidence', the behind the scenes plays etc etc, it is a bit different in principle to other CAS cases.

While i do like how strongly the club have approached this and how resolute they aeem, as much as a long battle would be damaging for uefa, long term, it might not be the best outcome for us. surely, no punishment or need to appeal would be better, and uefa finding a way out of finding us 'guilty' would be preferred. for me at least. the time to challenge ffp was 2014, a bit different now.

why are people so confident that if 'found guilty' and given a ban, CAS would overturn that ruling in our favour?

This is different to any other previous FFP case, including our own punishment. From what i understand, So far, clubs have (including ourselves) been accused of breaching FFP limits, and CAS simply ruled that the punishments were disproportionate and unfair, not that the breach didn't occur. In some cases, the punishment was avoided, in n others suspended (but still applied).

What we are accused of is different, it is not breaching ffp, it is misleading uefa and book-fixing, effectively claimed as cheating. It no longer becomes a simple, is the punishment too onerous for the breach (of a shit rule), and the message CAS would be sending puts a different pressure on the whole thing, if we are found guilty by Uefa.

Putting aside all the crap, about how this came about, the 'evidence', the behind the scenes plays etc etc, it is a bit different in principle to other CAS cases.

While i do like how strongly the club have approached this and how resolute they aeem, as much as a long battle would be damaging for uefa, long term, it might not be the best outcome for us. surely, no punishment or need to appeal would be better, and uefa finding a way out of finding us 'guilty' would be preferred. for me at least. the time to challenge ffp was 2014, a bit different now.
CAS only rule on process and procedure, so things like whether UEFA have dealt with our case fairly and in line with their own process. What we may or may not have done as regards FFP is of little or no interest to them. So it's no different to any other case they've heard in that sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.