UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a betting man I’d put my money on Livarpool. From the outside, it seems to me that the Glazers don’t particularly care about winning: it’s just business. John W. Henry is a sports owner who wants to enrich himself but he also wants to win in the process.

There’s a scene at the end of the film “Moneyball” - I highly recommend it by the way - that can enlighten you to his mindset. What’s more enlightening is the reports coming out of the USA in respect to his baseball franchise; doping, stealing of signs and illegality.

The sign stealing was at a non FSG baseball team, wasn't it?
An exec from that team subsequently went to an FSG team, and has now been sacked as a result of being given a ban from baseball.

Not sure what the other issues are.

I think that's probably right. The claim seems mainly that we worked round them - the loophole mentioned above - which seems harder to do anything about.

My point was "as long as we haven't lied to them" - that would knock down any defence.

I highly doubt City or the auditors lied to them, there's perhaps the case that UEFA didn't ask the right questions at the time and having seen the leaked emails etc 5 years later the alleged goat molester thinks we should have failed by a bigger margin and had a more severe punishment. I'ld be pretty certain that all direct statements and answers from both club and auditors were factual and in line with what the accounts show on record. The goat molester (Alleged) probably thinks nasty cheating arab twats did x & y to hide z in the accounts and only showed z to uefa type scenario, but it would have been uefa's responsibility to ask about x & y.

The charge of misled is bollocks as far I am concerned as uefa had full access to the accounts and auditors at the time and even after filing to permit them to change the annexes used.

Conspiracy, intrigue, lying, bombast, leaking by deep throat, corrupt courts, fortunes changing hands, petty rivalry, a small player battling powerful forces, fearless journalism (ha!), a whiff of racism; throw in a little light bestiality with goats, "Gunfight at the UEFA Coral" starring the Khaldoon Kid and Rick 'The Prick' Parry is an exhilarating adventure rivalling 'Star Wars' for fantasy and 'The Magnificent Seven' for triumph over the odds. At a cinema near you NOW.

My dark imagination takes me to one of the final scenes in the first Godfather movie: in which Michael eliminates all his enemies.

Going back a while, maybe a couple of years, I used to be prepared to cut McGeehan some slack because I thought he came at issues from a different standpoint and might have some legitimate concerns. Obviously, I no longer think this and agree that he's possibly the most obnoxious of the lot for his dissembling occupation of the moral high ground coupled with absences of intellectual integrity such as we saw today.

As for that Scouser thinking that McGeehan knows anything about UEFA. Jesus wept!

Yeah, I used to think similar about McGeehan because I felt, unlike some journalists, he was totally impartial when it came to the football side of things and although he was highlighting City with reference to issues in Abu Dhabi, I (wrongly) thought it was just because Premier League football is so high profile across the world and perhaps it was easier for him to use that high profile link to City to draw attention to the human rights issues he appeared to be so concerned about. Now I think he's just an obnoxious twat who is bitter about City's success because I don't think I've ever seen him call out the FIA or Lewis Hamilton for winning the F1 world title at the "sportswashing" Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

I highly doubt City or the auditors lied to them, there's perhaps the case that UEFA didn't ask the right questions at the time and having seen the leaked emails etc 5 years later the alleged goat molester thinks we should have failed by a bigger margin and had a more severe punishment. I'ld be pretty certain that all direct statements and answers from both club and auditors were factual and in line with what the accounts show on record. The goat molester (Alleged) probably thinks nasty cheating arab twats did x & y to hide z in the accounts and only showed z to uefa type scenario, but it would have been uefa's responsibility to ask about x & y.

The charge of misled is bollocks as far I am concerned as uefa had full access to the accounts and auditors at the time and even after filing to permit them to change the annexes used.

I would be as certain as can be that the auditors were truthful, based on the information they had.
I would hope that City were careful to not lie, and also to not get details wrong, as that would be just plain stupid.

I think I broadly agree with the thought process suggested, other than curious goat-related fantasies (! - I know of the two goats, and at least you didn't go for kid-fiddling). I also think it is dangerous to suggest Leterme considered 'arab' as a feature of interest - it serves no purpose but to be misinterpreted out of context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.