UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
17856883-high_res-line-of-duty-series-5-80d2011.jpg

"There's only one thing I'm interested in and that's catching bent journos" as Ted might have said

That is a superb article. I think you are right and this is the smoking gun. It is interesting that the Associated Press and Al Jazeera were used by Qatari Intelligence as a vehicle to deliver the smears against those people who had been targeted. That resonates a lot with the sort of coverage City have received in the last 12 months. I actually think some UK journalist have been duped. For example the total change in the way the The Times sports reporters portray City suggests strongly that they are now aware of the bigger picture.
Well maybe on City articles but Northcroft was going with the flow attacking City supporters the other week.

Associated Press is Rob Harris's employer. And he also appears on Qatari channels Al Jazeera & BeIN Sports frequently. BeIN being owned by Nasser Al Khelaifi of course.
Perhaps he has been used as a stooge. He wouldn't be the first journalist to be duped. I just can't understand why a respected agency like AP would allow one of its staff to appear on Al Jazeera. It must compromise their own reputation. I mean Rob Harris must be aware of the Qatari dimension and the investigation into Al Khelaifi. Appearing on Al Jazeera is damaging his own reputation.

Well maybe on City articles but Northcroft was going with the flow attacking City supporters the other week.
I am thinking more of Ziegler and the way the sports team have changed their angle on FFP. In the opinion columns Syed is still poison though he does seem to have also calmed down a bit. I think the paper is covering its own reputation. They don't want to look stupid if and when City are cleared.

This thread is a lot more positive today. I can fully believe the narrative that the IC and the AC had next to nothing on City but have been effectively bullied by the G14 to deliver this verdict. It has the immediate impact of damaging City, its owners and its brand and when the shit hits the fan it will be UEFA who are the fall guys. I guess UEFA and City are on to this and hence the conciliatory tone from City last week re UEFA. The one bit I can't get my head around, and some of the IT boffins on here might be able to help. If Der Spiegel were delivered servers with huge volumes of date - circa 80m emails... how did they get to the 3 or 4 about us so quickly ? I think City have been targeted and the evidence delivered to Der Spiegel - as a few other posters have suggested - (maybe even @Prestwich_Blue ) there is a wider agenda of dirty tricks taking place here... we have been targeted and you cant dismiss the fact that people close to our G14 enemies have been involved in the dirty tricks.

mots genuinely not hard to search though an enormous body of text for specific keywords like “Adug”, “Mcfc”, “Etihad” etc. Based on those results you can easily do a bit of manual checking and arrive at where you need to be. I work with log files that are many GBs in size on a daily basis and sifting through stuff like This is not hard.

It wouldn't surprise me if all the stolen documents have been indexed and put in an online database ready for if/when he gets sent down. Something like the offshore leaks database, which includes the Panama Papers, done by ICIJ (International Consortium of Investigative Journalists).

https://offshoreleaks.icij.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.