UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does that work though if a billionaire wants to spend £1b to pull them out of debt and buy a decent team? FFP stops that happening surely?

Meanwhile utd, having loads of income from historical success, money to back them up, can continue to spend stupid amounts.

I just don't see it as fair. When teams like united or bayern are given more of a chance to offset debt than smaller clubs.

With the money involved in football people seem to forget just how much money £100,000,000.00 is. To be asked not to lose that much is not unreasonable.

Leonardo DiCaprio has a better chance of riding Rita Ora than I do. That's how the world spins I'm afraid.

When was the last time you saw a baseball story in the UK press?
I don't understand the question but while not following those clubs every day, i had heard of the "spygate" involving Leeds and Bielsa. I have never heard about Liverpool "spygate" other than on here.

With the money involved in football people seem to forget just how much money £100,000,000.00 is. To be asked not to lose that much is not unreasonable.

Leonardo DiCaprio has a better chance of riding Rita Ora than I do. That's how the world spins I'm afraid.

About 1.33 Lukakus, or 2.1 John Stones.

They're fine.

Net debt is £60m, They've spent £450m on players but brought in £250m in sales. Deloitte just made them the 20th richest club in Europe despite having no European football.

All true but have you seen Usmanov? He's a walking talking heart attack, they are a Big Mac away from needing to be totally self sufficient. They can't afford their new stadium and have built a shit squad at massive expense that takes up 85% of their income just to pay.

All I'm saying is I don't like the idea of a clubs entire existence being reliant on one man.

I have to admit that i have never heard or seen this story other than on this forum.
The Times are covering it. No one else. I think lawyers are involved and hence media reporting is shut down.

Usmanov and Moshiri are just doing what other football clubs have done many times and that is self-sponsor. Stoke did this through Bet365. Leicester have done it through King Power, and Newcastle through Sports Direct. When City do it it's the subject of great intrigue and defamation. We are 'cheating'. What is the difference between Usmanov's company sponsoring Everton's training ground and spending tens of millions on acquiring naming rights to a stadium that does not even exist? As a football journalist, you really should be asking (regardless of the rules) what is Usmanov's connection to Everton FC. What commercial interest has he in supporting Everton FC? When Man City, LCFC or Stoke self sponsorI get it. The motivation is obvious. The Everton deal raises big questions. The lack of interest in the football media raises questions. T

All true but have you seen Usmanov? He's a walking talking heart attack, they are a Big Mac away from needing to be totally self sufficient. They can't afford their new stadium and have built a shit squad at massive expense that takes up 85% of their income just to pay.

All I'm saying is I don't like the idea of a clubs entire existence being reliant on one man.

How old is Joe Lewis again? ;)

82. For the record.

It's a lot of money to you and me but it's only about one sixth of how much the costs of building a new stadium at a certain North London club rose by ;)

I don't understand the question but while not following those clubs every day, i had heard of the "spygate" involving Leeds and Bielsa. I have never heard about Liverpool "spygate" other than on here.

Two different situations mate. Leeds's spygate was simply having a man with binoculars checking out training sessions of rival clubs which wasn't very sporting. Liverpool's spygate is the hacking of City's computers which is a criminal offence.

How old is Joe Lewis again? ;)

82. For the record.

83 next week according to Google and looking well. When he crokes it Spurs will have a minutes silence and move on. Not the same thing at Everton unless he has looked after them in his will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.