UEFA FFP investigation - City banned for two seasons and fined €30m

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. BobbyBoy

BobbyBoy

Team supported:
    Spurs
    With the money involved in football people seem to forget just how much money £100,000,000.00 is. To be asked not to lose that much is not unreasonable.

Leonardo DiCaprio has a better chance of riding Rita Ora than I do. That's how the world spins I'm afraid.

2. Parisian

Parisian

Team supported:
    Paris Saint Germain
    I don't understand the question but while not following those clubs every day, i had heard of the "spygate" involving Leeds and Bielsa. I have never heard about Liverpool "spygate" other than on here.

3. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

About 1.33 Lukakus, or 2.1 John Stones.

4. BobbyBoy

BobbyBoy

Team supported:
    Spurs
    All true but have you seen Usmanov? He's a walking talking heart attack, they are a Big Mac away from needing to be totally self sufficient. They can't afford their new stadium and have built a shit squad at massive expense that takes up 85% of their income just to pay.

All I'm saying is I don't like the idea of a clubs entire existence being reliant on one man.

5. Marvin

Marvin

The Times are covering it. No one else. I think lawyers are involved and hence media reporting is shut down.

Usmanov and Moshiri are just doing what other football clubs have done many times and that is self-sponsor. Stoke did this through Bet365. Leicester have done it through King Power, and Newcastle through Sports Direct. When City do it it's the subject of great intrigue and defamation. We are 'cheating'. What is the difference between Usmanov's company sponsoring Everton's training ground and spending tens of millions on acquiring naming rights to a stadium that does not even exist? As a football journalist, you really should be asking (regardless of the rules) what is Usmanov's connection to Everton FC. What commercial interest has he in supporting Everton FC? When Man City, LCFC or Stoke self sponsorI get it. The motivation is obvious. The Everton deal raises big questions. The lack of interest in the football media raises questions. T

Dave S likes this.
  6. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

How old is Joe Lewis again? ;)

82. For the record.

7. M18CTID

M18CTID

It's a lot of money to you and me but it's only about one sixth of how much the costs of building a new stadium at a certain North London club rose by ;)

SatOnTheWall likes this.
  8. laserblue

laserblue

Two different situations mate. Leeds's spygate was simply having a man with binoculars checking out training sessions of rival clubs which wasn't very sporting. Liverpool's spygate is the hacking of City's computers which is a criminal offence.

9. Kenward Garg

Kenward Garg

Team supported:
    Manchester City
    Bingo!

10. BobbyBoy

BobbyBoy

Team supported:
    Spurs
    83 next week according to Google and looking well. When he crokes it Spurs will have a minutes silence and move on. Not the same thing at Everton unless he has looked after them in his will.