UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I owe Marv a tenner and then give it to you to pass on who has it come from. Whose bank balance is £10 lighter?
Doesn't matter if I am financially related to Marv and there is a law that says I cannot be involved in transactions involving Marv's debts.
PS Debt is a poor example, you sponsoring Marv would have been a better one.

So am I right in thinking if we do actually get banned we can go and spend what we want the following season as it won’t matter that we fail ffp as Liverpool did it without repercussions when they weren’t in Europe?

629350d378e4034692d707df8405cd23.jpg

Len has a point...

If the top up money for the sponsorship came from ADUG, the fact that the money was originally sent to ADUG by the EC is immaterial.

These things matter.
One of the leaked emails is VERY clear that this must not happen. I suspect that email was sent because it was about to happen, but I'd be very surprised if they went through with it after being told that the money MUST come to City from the individual sponsors themselves.

This is my simplistic view- Etihad airways is running at big losses and are subsidised by AD government, to meet ANY financial commitments and running costs, this is an issue for the international aviation authority as it would probably contravene aviation competition laws but that's an issue outside of football. Anyone worried about state funding......GAZPROM to multiple football clubs and UEFA champions league

Doesn't matter if I am financially related to Marv and there is a law that says I cannot be involved in transactions involving Marv's debts.
PS Debt is a poor example, you sponsoring Marv would have been a better one.
It's the same argument though if I am sponsoring him. The money in our case didn't come from the Sheikh so in reality it matters not how the money arrived in our account unless of course you are UEFA

One of the leaked emails is VERY clear that this must not happen. I suspect that email was sent because it was about to happen, but I'd be very surprised if they went through with it after being told that the money MUST come to City from the individual sponsors themselves.

If the money did indeed originally come from ADEC as opposed to ADUG which is what City are saying and has been backed up by what PB discovered, then surely only an idiot would channel it through ADUG and onto City. It's seconds of a job to send it from ADEC to Etihad and then on to City. Fuck me, it can easily be done on a friggin' mobile via a banking app!

And if it had, wouldn't it have been returned PDQ with a fuck off bollocking to follow ?

Last edited:
Effectively saying that they have evidence that deserves this ban but refusing to disclose this is surely something CAS would be unable to accept if they are truly meaning to find a solution?
The usual compromise of a lesser fine or upholding its severity has gone so what will CAS do, will they dismiss the UEFA verdict totally or give them further time to decide to reveal it under threat of rejecting the verdict totally.
If they reveal their evidence to CAS but not to City is that fair or even if they do reveal it to both ie us and CAS will we be allowed to respond within a reasonable time to what we are charged with?

I can understand UEFA not revealing stuff they feel will form part of an along the line non CAS legal dispute but perhaps they should not have given us a sentence then and should have waited for our legal case to form.

Guardian is online. Renumeration and promotion may well be linked to reads and comments because these variables drive profits. If so, City fans should boycott it otherwise they would literally finance it and promote the writer.

You can of course increase their costs by complaining to their readers editor.

Sad thing is they don’t need City fans posting on there to make loads of money having other fans mainly scousers and rags on there spouting utter bile about our club will do them.

The media wouldn’t give two shits if scousers and the rags are top two for ever more win everything for ever more while all other fans had enough with Var and the impartiality of the media stop going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.