UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the money did indeed originally come from ADEC as opposed to ADUG which is what City are saying and has been backed up by what PB discovered, then surely only an idiot would channel it through ADUG and onto City. It's seconds of a job to send it from ADEC to Etihad and then on to City. Fuck me, it can easily be done on a friggin' mobile via a banking app!

Oh Christ, can we please keep the Executive Council abbrieviation to just EC, things are complicated enough without needing to pick apart ADUGs and ADECs!

The most important thing about the source of the Eithad money discussion is that there must be an irrefutable record of it, from the bank records. Money going from account A to account B. This should have been easy to disprove so either UEFA genuinely ignored the evidence as City say, or there's more to it.

Apparently "If you break ze rules you should be punished" from no lesser genius as "Le Professeur" A. Wenger.

What a typically academic and inciteful comment for Talkshite to run with. Journalism at its best.
Wenger's more dangerous than the GPC ever was. What UEFA have done is bring together lots of football people with a like-minded distrust of City where they obsess about us every day and the combined feelings have boiled over to pure hatred. It's comical, really, that an organisation designed to promote and safeguard a sport and its members has let itself get so sidetracked with its determination to do exactly the opposite of its purpose. The idea of FFP to deny rich clubs a monopoly at the expense of other teams is sound in theory, but UEFA have proved they have no idea how to implement such a mechanism.

Let these haters continue to spout their nonsense, it's all evidence pointing to collusion by other clubs.

Effectively saying that they have evidence that deserves this ban but refusing to disclose this is surely something CAS would be unable to accept if they are truly meaning to find a solution?
The usual compromise of a lesser fine or upholding its severity has gone so what will CAS do, will they dismiss the UEFA verdict totally or give them further time to decide to reveal it under threat of rejecting the verdict totally.
If they reveal their evidence to CAS but not to City is that fair or even if they do reveal it to both ie us and CAS will we be allowed to respond within a reasonable time to what we are charged with?

I can understand UEFA not revealing stuff they feel will form part of an along the line non CAS legal dispute but perhaps they should not have given us a sentence then and should have waited for our legal case to form.

I might have missed earlier stuff, but why do you think UEFA withheld evidence from City?
That would automatically go badly on appeal.

One of the leaked emails is VERY clear that this must not happen. I suspect that email was sent because it was about to happen, but I'd be very surprised if they went through with it after being told that the money MUST come to City from the individual sponsors themselves.
And from that, it's not a huge leap of faith to see how a heavily redacted email could be made to look something a little more sinister no ?

If the money did indeed originally come from ADEC as opposed to ADUG which is what City are saying and has been backed up by what PB discovered, then surely only an idiot would channel it through ADUG and onto City. It's seconds of a job to send it from ADEC to Etihad and then on to City. Fuck me, it can easily be done on a friggin' mobile via a banking app!
Either way, someone felt they needed to make the point. But there's two reasons why I don't think it happened that way:
1. It would be monumentally fucking stupid to do so after being explicitly warned not to.
2. UEFA wouldn't have needed to be tipped off by a hacked email 4 years later; they'd have picked it up first time round.

You're not alone in thinking they did vote for it! It does seem to be a common misconception amongst some of our fans

All things considered, I don't mind Villa or their fans but when I said that in a pub at Bournemouth away a few seasons back one City fan said something along the lines of: "Don't get me fucking started on Aston Villa. It's because of those ****s that we nearly went out of business in 1905". The thing is, he's not wrong but it was funny seeing one of our fans holding a 110+ year grudge against another club. Not that I'm any different at times but he was utterly furious!
Hold nearly a 40 year grudge against Spurs

Arsenal have the greatest history of any team in the world.
Historically they have had influence over the fa for more than a century and at one time were the fa.
Punishing clubs who won or threatened to win trophies
Historically the biggest cheating bastards in world football.

But didn't win anything until 1930 after they pinched/bribed/paid off Huddersfield Town.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.