UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He failed to understand the significance of the work PB had done. The lack of understanding about this issue is a shocking indictment of journalistic integrity and thoroughness. It all stems from the blind misconception that the CFG is state-owned. It is not. David Conn seems to think that it is some sort of revelation that an airline that has always been owned by the state, received a cash injection from.... wait for it.... the state. Who else was supposed to meet Etihad's financial commitments, David? The Pope? If you're reading, David, I can give you an exclusive - bears s**t in the woods.

Spot on mate. A government funding its own state owned airline in neither illegal nor unusual. More to the point it doesn't contravene FFP and is fuck all to do with UEFA.

I read what Wenger said it was hilarious, he started with City bought ALL his players, then he names 4, of which one was out of contract and free, he then goes on about punishing City before saying he does not know the FFP rules, brilliant
Course he's all for City getting punished, suits Arsenal's interests all round in which he still obviously has a vented interest. He's not bothered to look into the case at all, just wants City out of the way, the bitter old ****.

After the attack on City's players at Anfield the Guardian's Sachin Nakrani wrote about the atmosphere that day and celebrated it in his article:

"Wild, furious, almost feral: from the Kop this felt like a collective triumph". https://www.dumptheguardian.com/foo...sphere-liverpool-fans-anfield-manchester-city

I think City fans can handle criticism. I accept that the press and some football fans regard City as the enemy but I find it difficult to understand that some City fans are still willing to contribute to these publications. The football authorities have declared war on Manchester City. City fans need a military police force to ensure discipline in the ranks! Joking (mostly).

Good find Marvin - and from my recollection, the tone of that article was largely replicated across the bulk of the commentary of the events surrounding that game.

Good old Liverpool fans, creating such a hostile environment for their rivals - they put the shits up City's overpaid prima donnas, and created the atmosphere for their team to triumph. Testament that nothing beats the Kop when they taste blood (and have a pallet full of bricks at their disposal!)

Ignoring the fact that what those 'fans' did that day is actually illegal. Which as far as I'm aware, posting hyperbolic commentary about a football governing body and a bunch of poorly informed and shoddily researched journalists on an internet chatroom is not!

When the club tried to stop the investigation in November and was told by the CAS that UEFA could continue and could use the material that was gained unlawfully, the writing was on the wall. UEFA was always going to reach this decision.

I'm sure it will come out in time but we don't know what other information UEFA have regarding this but I think people are more or less of the same opinion here that City have been teetering on the edge of FFP for some time and may or may not have slipped up. Unless UEFA can prove that SM moved money himself or directly instructed someone in the government to do so to fund his own projects (conflict of interest) UEFA haven't got a leg to stand on.

They go through our accounts every season so the leaked emails brought it to there attention and why they have banned us.

Its being lost in all the hoohaa this fact.

UEFA and the PL where all over us like a rash at this point in time and our accounts and books forensically being scrutinised to ensure we fell within the rules.

They did and because they did we got part of our fine back remember.

UEFA are making such fucking idiots of themselves here over illegally obtained emails that no fucker knows are even legitimate and because certain clubs and individuals are demanding they do it yet they cant see that they have already said our financials at this period in time where fine.

A member of CAS will look at our appeal and decide weather to uphold the ban or suspend it. This is all based on weather our appeal is likely to be won/or our case has merit. The actual appeal my not be heard for months

Looking at the previous CAS hearing it looks like we have a strong case and the ban will be suspended but you can never second guess what another person may think.

Can you clarify where this information comes from?

My guess would more likely be, if requested CAS will suspend a ban providing that the appeal is not seen as trying to get around the ban and that it would adversely affect the competition if it wasn't suspended , ie it has merit. I don't believe that CAS will look at likely success so if they do suspend the ban then we shouldn't assume that its a sign of likely success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.