UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect you have - it's really difficult to organise a defence when you don't know what you're trying to refute!

I think what they meant is that they won't publish their judgement as the case is essentially still ongoing.

With the caveat except the bits we think might look juicy which we will leak piecemeal to elongate the saga and make us look like beacons of truth and integrity.

Can you clarify where this information comes from?

My guess would more likely be, if requested CAS will suspend a ban providing that the appeal is not seen as trying to get around the ban and that it would adversely affect the competition if it wasn't suspended , ie it has merit. I don't believe that CAS will look at likely success so if they do suspend the ban then we shouldn't assume that its a sign of likely success

I think that's probably right. They'll judge potential harm if the appeal is successful, amongst other issues.

I'd not really looked at the argument before, but Parisian put it brilliantly last night.

Does UEFA seriously consider City would only be able to charge £8m per annum for the sponsoring of our shirt, stadium and training campus?

And the next time someone you hear or know states we have been inflating our sponsorship, kindly tell them to fuck off in the general above pertinent point.

UEFA was already on record as stating the Etihad deal was fair value (ten years ago) nor a related party.

So which is it, we are inflating sponsorship that is deemed fair value, or the Etihad cash is being topped up by a non-related party!

When the club tried to stop the investigation in November and was told by the CAS that UEFA could continue and could use the material that was gained unlawfully, the writing was on the wall. UEFA was always going to reach this decision.

I'm sure it will come out in time but we don't know what other information UEFA have regarding this but I think people are more or less of the same opinion here that City have been teetering on the edge of FFP for some time and may or may not have slipped up. Unless UEFA can prove that SM moved money himself or directly instructed someone in the government to do so to fund his own projects (conflict of interest) UEFA haven't got a leg to stand on.
With respect, CAS didn't do that, they judged that our claim was inadmissible as we hadn't been found guilty yet. They did; however, make a number of comments about the validity of UEFA's conduct that should greatly worry UEFA as to their ability to make the sentence stick.

With the caveat except the bits we think might look juicy which we will leak piecemeal to elongate the saga and make us look like beacons of truth and integrity.

Well, yes, there is that possibility.
They've got external lawyers in though, and with CAS' warning shot, I'd be amazed if anything came out that didn't just bring the whole thing crashing down.

Uefa won't let us, you have seen how we have been stitched up with officials and decisions in the past. (PL were showing how it works last night in the Chelsea game. Appointing a referee and VAR from Manchester who, surprise surprise, altered the result of the game.)

I have to agree. UEFArce won’t want us anywhere near the final, just in case we win it. You only have to look at the Spurs CL game. I honestly believe if we had been officiated correctly, we would have gone on to beat the dippers. UEFA can’t risk us having more and more support and increasing our revenue instead of their favourite ‘cartel’.
Corruption and cheating is rife in football, even more so in UEFA CL.
The PL looks like it’s following suit. Yesterday’s shambolic officiating goes to show it (VAR) can be used to Vary Any Result. I hate both of those teams, but that Chavs were robbed, it’s so comical, they’re not even trying to hide the bias and corruption towards the rags to shove them up the table. Can’t have them NOT playing in Europa League, never mind CL.
I REALLY hope we tear down their Ivory Towers at UEFA. Something drastic needs to be done to expose this blatant protection of the cartel clubs and their ‘Do as we say, not as we do’ attitude.

Course he's all for City getting punished, suits Arsenal's interests all round in which he still obviously has a vented interest. He's not bothered to look into the case at all, just wants City out of the way, the bitter old ****.

Boo-hoo, ickle old city and their owner pinched my players and stopped me competing...so you old fossil it had nothing to do with you not wanting to spend any money or your own clubs owners not wanting to make the next step

Get to fuck you old dinosaur

When the club tried to stop the investigation in November and was told by the CAS that UEFA could continue and could use the material that was gained unlawfully, the writing was on the wall. UEFA was always going to reach this decision.
WTF? The previous CAS appeal judgment was very careful to say that it wasn't judging the merits of City's case in any future appeal against sanctions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.