UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
City received an unprecedented punishment because the club refused to cooperate with the investigation: City assert that the club submitted 200 pages of irrefutable evidence which the IC didn't even read. Surely we have evidence of when these 200 pages were submitted? And also of no evidence of an opportunity to present it? Shouldn't this be enough for CAS?

Isn't this the problem? That we were not cooperative, that should be pretty easy to prove?

As it unfolds there will be a very different narrative from 4 day's ago. This is the beginning of the end of FFP in its current format. There is no chance of anyone else buying a Newcastle, Wolves, or Sheffield Utd under the current format. Only morons would want FFP in its current format.
I agree although the current format isn't what we have been banned under, we have been banned under the previous format. The current format allows , with permission, new owner investment. At least I think it does.

A poorly researched journalist?

Some are being far too kind. He has chosen to lift Prestwich Blue's information and present it as his own, ignoring the relevancy and facts to maintain his ongoing narrative.

He's not a journalist. He's a chiseler.

An absolute disgrace to the profession.

Fucking hell, you're right. That is just embarrassing for Conn.

So when we are cleared of all wrong doings, where does this leave us going forward with UEFA and the gutter press. Do we try and break UEFA apart if all our evidence stacks towards us heavily in being able to do so? And will every single journo that has spouted bile and vitriol about the whole issue offer public apologies? Or do we screw them all as well?

Yes.

I want them all ruined.

I was watching Prestwich Blue on a You Tube video yesterday and he repeated a point I had heard before, but made it a lot stronger...

(1 min 35 secs) PB reports that Omar Berrada, City's chief operating officer told him that Ceferin was trying to negotiate with City hoping to get City to accept a small fine. City refused.

PB went on to ask where that puts the primacy of UEFA's so called evidence based Adjudicatory Chamber? How can an organisation lurch from one sentence to another. They should follow their own dispute resolution rules. That does not appear to have been the case.

I think it's obvious why City rejected Ceferin's offer. They are confident that the CAS will throw out UEFA's case. PB was not so forthright.

Clearly though if City were made an offer by Ceferin and turned it down the implication is that we are very confident in the strength of our argument.

Last edited:
If the stuff on Twitter is true this looks increasingly like a repeat of the PSG case with UEFA saying that our sponsorship values are overstated. I thought our sponsorships were broadly in line with those of the other large clubs in the PL and certainly far behind where PSGs ended up. This increasingly looks like a charge brought in anger rather than on the basis of facts. Can’t see how PSG can get waved through and we don’t. The Rags get far more from Chevrolet than we do from Etihad. You can’t buy a Chevrolet car in Europe and the Rags are not in the CL so how can theirs be justified as more valuable than ours? I’m assuming City will have had a number of consultants objectively valuing our sponsorship deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.