UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
€30M is more than any profit we have made.
A 2 yr ban is worth well over €1/4B in CL revenues.
Commercial revenues would decrease dramatically.

UEFA are trying to financially cripple the club for a decade or more by removing the financial underpinnings of the club that literally allow it to compete. In short, it is BUSINESS FRATRICIDE, and they know it.

it cannot be allowed to stand, EVEN IF WE ARE TECHNICALLY GUILTY OF OVERSTATING A COMMERCIAL PARTNERSHIP. There is no serious person on earth who could possibly believe that the punishment is, in any way, commensurate with the “crime,” even as charged by UEFA. Indeed, the only reason ANYONE would even do such a thing would be to attempt to break into a cartel that has been created to protect themselves from outside companies trying to take a share of the billions in TV and commercial revenues, the bulk of which they have historically kept within a small group of companies to help them grow and stay profitable at the expense of others.

And, against the backdrop of the PSG case, whereby a reported €100M commercial deal was “objectively valued” at €5M, yet UEFA accepted the €100M valuation, it appears corruption WITHIN UEFA is rife, but only available to members of the Executive Board.

Lawyers and a neutral judge (if such a thing exists in the world of multi-billion Euro business, where everyone has a favorite team!) should have a field day with both the genesis and the application of FFP to date.

I’ll worry about City’s future after the last appeal has been exhausted and Sheikh Mansour has walked away.

Until then, I quote Mark Twain, as provided in the Quotations thread:

I’ve had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.
Music to my ears.
Another thought that I had was that if they were so sure of a conviction and punishment for City, based on their ‘evidence’
then why send one of their message boys to try and negotiate a ‘way-out’ compromise?
When they realised that that tactic was a no-go, the next best option was to insinuate huge guilt, simply by announcing the largest possible punishment because to do so would imply serious levels of culpability, a ploy which they know will work (and has) simply because of the slavish loyalty of the media and the bone-headed tribalism of the average fans of other clubs.
If it were not for their own time-limits on cases, I’m convinced that UEFA would be more than happy to drag this out for years as long as no decision was ever reached thus allowing the insinuation of guilt to go unchallenged, with the commensurate damage this would cause to us, with no serious come-backs for them.
A foot-note for any dippers reading this thread, just be thankful that UEFA are taking an interest in the finances of the shirt sponsors of City and their sources of funding and not standard chartered and their income from rogue-states, criminal gangs and terrorists.
I’d pay good money to watch that enquiry!!

Got to say my gut feeling agrees with you.

The owners will throw endless amounts of time and money at this. I do think the magnitude of what lies ahead and its consequences are lost on many. This will determine whether or not football at the top level becomes a completely closed shop. Making domestic leagues so un competitive that the only option to "save football" will be the Super League. City are probably the one hope of avoiding this scenario. It will however mean bringing UEFA to its knees and that wont be easy or cheap. Perhaps its only City that have the finances to take UEFA on. Its a huge ask, but like you my gut tells me that our owners will prevail.

One thing is certain if we do win you wont be able to see the end of your nose for weeks due to all the steam off boiling piss.
maybe no one will take UEFA on because they dont want to become their next victim,our owners wouldnt have said word for word in that statement if we had one ounce of guilt and Puma would not have said what they have done,,,i'm 100% its simply a stitch up and a very not thought out one by UEFA

FWIW I just want to us to win the appeal at CAS.
I'm trusting the owners have got overwhelming and compelling assurances from different and independent legal sources that this will be the case and that there's virtually no risk.
I'm not interested in us taking on UEFA on FFP.
It's risky, will likely take ages and there's no guarantee of success.
But maybe this is the real agenda.

Real agenda? What might that be? And whose agenda? Ours or theirs?

Are there any journalists left to write them though.

I think people exaggerate the lack of journalists who cover City well. Ziegler, Jack Gaughan, Sam Lee, Martin Blackburn, Simon Mullock are all good.

I appreciate 5 might sound like a small number, but you've got the Times, Mail, Sun, Mirror and Athletic covered there so they have coverage.

I think people exaggerate the lack of journalists who cover City well. Ziegler, Jack Gaughan, Sam Lee, Martin Blackburn, Simon Mullock are all good.

I appreciate 5 might sound like a small number, but you've got the Times, Mail, Sun, Mirror and Athletic covered there so they have coverage.

Ziegler? He blows hot and cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.