UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some journos are wanting to smell blood in the water and are simply chumming it to keep the narrative going when nothing is happening during the summer football months.

It had already been established this was more a marker by City, rather than a fillabuster.

As for Lipton, he wrote two months ago a back page lead entitled 'Ban City', which resulted in the club getting angry and essentially writing the Sun's inside spread follow-up the very next day.

Lipton insisted we would be banned by FIFA within 12 days for the illegal signing of underage players.

Whilst I expect that to happen (probably for Jan and next summer windows), it is clear his timelines are bollocks.

There is no illusion from City, this is a three-pronged attack to damage us both reputationally, and to hamstring us for a year or so for others to catch-up.

I find it very interesting Bayern have been keeping their powder dry in making an official bid for Sane.

They are being briefed by their pals at Uefa at what might be coming down the pipe while Leroy is on holiday and think they can kick us in the bollocks with a low ball offer.

Fucking Sane's family are in on it.
Be honest, is this affecting our ability to sign players we want ? I know it’s early but I’m wondering if our top targets are shying away in the prospect of not only a CL ban but a transfer ban ?

I’m not trying to be dramatic but I can’t help but wonder

That’s actually a very good call with the Chinese stake in the club. No doubt the Etihad campus will become the Huewei Security HQ - for a gigantic international phone tapping operation... a direct threat to national security!
The main reason usa dont want huewei equipment is that it does not have trapdoors unlike the american stuff that lets usa spy as much as they want.

The main reason usa dont want huewei equipment is that it does not have trapdoors unlike the american stuff that lets usa spy as much as they want.
The British spymasters say the only thing wrong with Huawei's equipment is the archaic architecture of it, which needs to be updated to modern standards.

Huawei have taken this on board & are making those changes, which is why the UK is caught between commissioning the best 5G system out there, or obeying our global boss, big ole Uncle Sam, so we sustain our 'special relationship' (which always seems very one sided to me).

Not always the case. Good agents never try to force things onto their client. They are the agents that tend to thrive and prosper. Certainly not an expert, because I’ve got no meaningful experience of late, but became mates with a couple of pretty big agents round the turn of the last century. This principle cannot have changed, however: the ones who kept their clients with ease were the ones who never tried to twist their arm. They respected what their relationship with their client gave them, in terms of money and status.

Went to one of those agents’ weddings and it must have had twenty of his players there, but not all of them - tellingly. Some of his well-known players weren’t invited. Fair play for that. Was sat on the same table as three huge Premier League stars and their wives, one of whom was famous in her own right. That was just our table. Couple of footballing global superstars sat adjacent to the top table.

My then girlfriend, who subsequently became my wife, didn’t know who any of them were; except the foregoing famous wife. I found that hilarious. She never really understood or got football. No wonder our marriage floundered!

That weekend is definitely going in my memoirs!
By 'turn of the last century,' do you mean 1900 or 2000. I'd be interested to know how much Stanley Matthews got from promoting Craven A cigarettes.

The British spymasters say the only thing wrong with Huawei's equipment is the archaic architecture of it, which needs to be updated to modern standards.

Huawei have taken this on board & are making those changes, which is why the UK is caught between commissioning the best 5G system out there, or obeying our global boss, big ole Uncle Sam, so we sustain our 'special relationship' (which always seems very one sided to me).
Even their mobiles are not allowed in usa yet they still threaten Apples worldwide dominance.
Yes I think City in football and Huewei in telecomunications make a very good partnership. Mr Trump has to do something to stop his Sponsors from losing market share.

I'm sure these quotes were as a direct result of careful closed answer questioning from the MSM - hard to answer the questions of "are you investigating MCFC" and "will they be punished if found guilty" in any other way....
Yes, very hypothetical.
“Would you yourself be punished if found guilty of raping someone?” The answer is of course, “Yes.”

Bit like the relationship a pig has with a butcher. For my money the US is run by and for the corporations that own the government by "donation". Protecting a cartel by any means (literally ANY) is second nature. The CIA used technology honed during the Cold war to spy on European firms. Intellectual capital as it became known as, found it's way into US corporations, before the extent of "interception" was too blatant to ignore.
The "special relationship" is a slogan, not an entity, used by politicians when it suits, nothing more. The very notion that we become reliant on it is too hideous to imagine...

Bit like the relationship a pig has with a butcher. For my money the US is run by and for the corporations that own the government by "donation". Protecting a cartel by any means (literally ANY) is second nature. The CIA used technology honed during the Cold war to spy on European firms. Intellectual capital as it became known as, found it's way into US corporations, before the extent of "interception" was too blatant to ignore.
The "special relationship" is a slogan, not an entity, used by politicians when it suits, nothing more. The very notion that we become reliant on it is too hideous to imagine...
Currently there is chaos with many exporting companies in usa in the name of preventing terrorism.
Anything that could potentially be exported is subject to full traceability with a massive list of individual companies, agents and countries barred from receiving exports.
Personal fines of 250k dollars for any lack of performing full paperwork checks is making some exports simply not worth it so expect backlash from usa based companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.