UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's true and our commercial rivals will continue to try and smear us in the media. What I expect to see now is a ramping up of coverage of the ongoing FIFA transfer dealings investigation. Most of the UK media, especially the Sun, BBC, and Daily Mail have made fools of themselves over the so-called FFP investigation. They are desparate to attack City.
I actually don't think UEFA are wholly to blame. The last thing they need at present is a war with City but they have been pressurised by our commercial rivals and UEFA itself has been undermined by leaks from its own organisation from individuals linked to our commercial rivals.
The FIFA investigation is the one more likely to get us I fear. Not sure what our defence will be if the reports are accurate.

CharliesRightPeg. The reason why the British Media aren't reporting it, if what bobbyowenquiff is saying is true. It will mean that he (PInto) will have to try and get out of this mess he has created without doing UEFA or himself any more damage. How he is going to do all of this is anyone's guess. Maybe he will try to put the blame on someonelse in UEFA and thus try to get himself out of this mess he (whoever he maybe) is suppose to be in. By saying that he put him upto doing this, he is thinking that I can shift the blame on to that other person and maybe I can keep my good name intact, and sully somebody else's name instead.

Where is Pinto being held, Portugal?

I hope no one involved in any of the investigations regarding the disappearance of Maddie McCann are still involved in policing in that country

The FIFA investigation is the one more likely to get us I fear. Not sure what our defence will be if the reports are accurate.
Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully not but either way, the worst FIFA can do is a transfer ban and image wise, it's no different to when Barca, Real and Chelsea received the same.

The UEFA issue would be more damaging on all fronts, being out of the CL is a huge blow for any top 6 club these days. It could unsettle the players we already have and make it harder to sign any replacements we need. Image wise, all the mud that has been flung and bullshit spouted about who owns us will be justified in the eyes of the masses, whether it's true or not.

Last edited:
I agree with this. It sounds like we have made a blunder with transfers and can only hope we get a smaller penalty than Chelsea have done. One transfer window ban would be a good result. I fear we could face the same problem as with the UEFA FFP allegations ie that our enemies will put a lot of pressure on FIFA to throw the book at us not least because they have failed to lay a glove on us with the UEFA case.

CharliesRightPeg. The reason why the British Media aren't reporting it, if what bobbyowenquiff is saying is true. It will mean that he (PInto) will have to try and get out of this mess he has created without doing UEFA or himself any more damage. How he is going to do all of this is anyone's guess. Maybe he will try to put the blame on someonelse in UEFA and thus try to get himself out of this mess he (whoever he maybe) is suppose to be in. By saying that he put him upto doing this, he is thinking that I can shift the blame on to that other person and maybe I can keep my good name intact, and sully somebody else's name instead.

Before it came out in the press as there being a 3rd party, a twitter account reported it as being linked to UK agents with major links to the UK Press. Their players regularly get positive press, the odd cap and then a pay rise or transfer. Its all dodgy

Wadya mean ??????

I agree with this. It sounds like we have made a blunder with transfers and can only hope we get a smaller penalty than Chelsea have done. One transfer window ban would be a good result. I fear we could face the same problem as with the UEFA FFP allegations ie that our enemies will put a lot of pressure on FIFA to throw the book at us not least because they have failed to lay a glove on us with the UEFA case.

Wasnt us who made the blunder the FA okayed all those transfers.

Wasnt us who made the blunder the FA okayed all those transfers.
Isn't that what Chelsea said? I suppose that makes it essentially a "technical mistake" by us with most of the blame lying with the FA. I wonder if City (or Chelsea) will take action against the FA to recover our significant losses. As usual the only winners will be the lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.