UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
An absolute joke they now want to change the rules to suit the usual suspects all in need of a massive overhaul. Surely City must have some legal comeback on this at least to reclaim fines and perhaps loss of earnings.

An absolute joke they now want to change the rules to suit the usual suspects all in need of a massive overhaul. Surely City must have some legal comeback on this at least to reclaim fines and perhaps loss of earnings.
I do not think fines can be recuperated as the rules at the time are the rules, but if they decide FFP was flawed City would have a case for loss of earnings, obviously they are going to adapt the rules rather than admit that

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html

What an article !

New York Times still with the insider informations.
Confirming that the portuguese judge is the one on the "hardline" side of FFP enforcement.
Brace yourselves Citizens. You are next according to their conclusion.
Who is this Portuguese judge, is he part of the CAS?

P.S.G.’s victory also has implications for a current case — the Premier League champion Manchester City, whose rise has been financed by the government of Abu Dhabi, now faces a similar investigation over suspected financial violations

Not funded by the government, never have been. Investigation entirely different, historic claim from a period we have already been punished for, not a current/ongoing breach.

How, critics and rivals asked, could P.S.G. surpass the world transfer record not once, but twice, and stay within the rules?

The club’s solution — like Manchester City, which was accumulating high-end players in England in a similar spending spree — was to sign a slew of sponsorship deals and associations with enterprises linked to its owners.

Bollocks again. We aren't run like PSG are, we haven't gone for the same profile of signings as they do. Our income streams are different, thanks to the strength of the PL and being head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. I'm not an accountant or analyst but it only seems logical that our fair market value has never been in question since our first PL title. We've gone from strength to strength, our club value(forbes?) should tell a story on its own. We've been generating profit for 4-5 years and are worth double what has been put into the club since Sheikh Mansour took ownership.

That does it for me Tariq Panja, is not a respected journalist any longer. I don't care who he writes for or what anyone says... he's an American Delaney.

Last edited:
Infantino has been quoted in Italy as saying he wants the FFP rules changed to promote investment by clubs rather than restrict spending.
Timing a little suspicious (not) with AC Milan falling short of FFP, other clubs including United, Barca, Bayern, Real all going through huge reinvestments.
Of course, all it does is show even they (FIFA) know that FFP was introduced to stop clubs like City and PSG and it failed. Now its caught the established clubs instead, it needs to be changed. Shock

Never shit on your own doorstep.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html

What an article !

New York Times still with the insider informations.
Confirming that the portuguese judge is the one on the "hardline" side of FFP enforcement.
Brace yourselves Citizens. You are next according to their conclusion.

Its written by the same kn0b head who published the UEFA ffp punishment the day after we won the treble. NYT have no credibility due to their links with Bitterpool.

Never mind Panja.

I can't believe this is going to disrupt 2 seasons back to back, whether we get punished or not, the damage this has and still is doing commercially, is punishment in itself. I can't help but wonder, is it co-ordinated attack to bring our FMV down "artificially"? If we are innocent we should fight it, no matter how long it takes, thinking they will be satisfied with a victory and leave us alone after, would be a mistake.

What stage is the City case at now?

Last I heard UEFA have not given a verdict, CAS has confirmed we appealed it going to the decisions bored but are they looking into it or are UEFA still messing around, trying make it look like actually looked at both sides of the story?

Who is this Portuguese judge, is he part of the CAS?

Not funded by the government, never have been. Investigation entirely different, historic claim from a period we have already been punished for, not a current/ongoing breach.

Bollocks again. We aren't run like PSG are, we haven't gone for the same profile of signings as they do. Our income streams are different, thanks to the strength of the PL and being head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. I'm not an accountant or analyst but it only seems logical that our fair market value has never been in question since our first PL title. We've gone from strength to strength, our club value(forbes?) should tell a story on its own. We've been generating profit for 4-5 years and are worth double what has been put into the club since Sheikh Mansour took ownership.

That does it for me Tariq Panja, is not a respected journalist any longer. I don't care who he writes for or what anyone says... he's an American Delaney.
Ofc, that article does tend to use approximations to make false assumptions and statements.
My point here is Tariq Panja still enjoys the insider info if he can see the notes made by the portuguese judge. The portuguese judge in question is the chief of the adjudicatory chamber of the UEFA FFP. It is the chamber that will examine and issue a ruling over City alleged "fraud".

The tone of that article is interesting. While PSG has been cleared, they make a point showing the club was definitively guilty no matter what and the same goes for City. Guilty until proven innocent and even after proven innocent !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.