UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofc, that article does tend to use approximations to make false assumptions and statements.
My point here is Tariq Panja still enjoys the insider info if he can see the notes made by the portuguese judge. The portuguese judge in question is the chief of the adjudicatory chamber of the UEFA FFP. It is the chamber that will examine and issue a ruling over City alleged "fraud".

The tone of that article is interesting. While PSG has been cleared, they make a point showing the club was definitively guilty no matter what and the same goes for City. Guilty until proven innocent and even after proven innocent !
Uefa is rotten to the core and along with their cohorts,I hope we bring the bastards down..

Ofc, that article does tend to use approximations to make false assumptions and statements.
My point here is Tariq Panja still enjoys the insider info if he can see the notes made by the portuguese judge. The portuguese judge in question is the chief of the adjudicatory chamber of the UEFA FFP. It is the chamber that will examine and issue a ruling over City alleged "fraud".

The tone of that article is interesting. While PSG has been cleared, they make a point showing the club was definitively guilty no matter what and the same goes for City. Guilty until proven innocent and even after proven innocent !
Yeah I got the gist of what you were saying but his editor was acting high and mighty to one of the MEN Journalists(S Brennan) who had suggested Panja tried to hide that his last breaking news on the City investigation came from an inside source with an edit. When in actual fact nobody could find his actual words in his article because everyone was paraphrasing Panja, as the sentence he wrote was so poorly phrased.

He gave off an air of "he wouldn't make silly mistakes like that or claim something he can't back up" when clearly he's every bit as bad as the UK ones being slated by Rabin on twitter for stating the same untruths.

Last edited:

There are a couple of generalisations in there which aren't really very good.
I wonder how Panja got the information - it might be possible to get them openly, I don't know.

I think there is a reasonable case for looking at it as "we're fairly certain you broke the rules, but don't think our lawyers can beat your lawyers" - the Scottish concept of 'not proven', I guess. It's not unique for a decision to appear manifestly wrong and still stand.

However what it really smacks of is that UEFA backed down when it came down to a legal argument.

Who is this Portuguese judge, is he part of the CAS?

Not funded by the government, never have been. Investigation entirely different, historic claim from a period we have already been punished for, not a current/ongoing breach.

Bollocks again. We aren't run like PSG are, we haven't gone for the same profile of signings as they do. Our income streams are different, thanks to the strength of the PL and being head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. I'm not an accountant or analyst but it only seems logical that our fair market value has never been in question since our first PL title. We've gone from strength to strength, our club value(forbes?) should tell a story on its own. We've been generating profit for 4-5 years and are worth double what has been put into the club since Sheikh Mansour took ownership.

That does it for me Tariq Panja, is not a respected journalist any longer. I don't care who he writes for or what anyone says... he's an American Delaney.
Two bob hack probably on Fenway’s and Glazers payroll (not for tax purposes though), throw enough shit and some will stick.

Most people in the US don’t give a fuck about European football, he’s got a personal agenda against City fuelled by an outside influence.

Also the Portuguese judge maybe hardline but it doesn’t give him the authority to run roughshod over us by making autonomous decisions when the consequences for UEFA could be seriously damaging.

If it was cut and dried the decision would have been made by now, nothings changed just because some little no mark fucker in the US has written a subjective article.

I’d stop digging if I was you, you have very corrupt owners and a proper bent Chairman who colluded with the French Prime Minister to acquire your club.

UEFA May take City on and try and ban us but just because one Portuguese geezer thinks he has Herculean bollocks doesn’t mean his point of view will prevail.

By the way, Idrisa Gueye, £28m, what the fuck! He wouldn’t get in our squad.

Who is this Portuguese judge, is he part of the CAS?

Not funded by the government, never have been. Investigation entirely different, historic claim from a period we have already been punished for, not a current/ongoing breach.

Bollocks again. We aren't run like PSG are, we haven't gone for the same profile of signings as they do. Our income streams are different, thanks to the strength of the PL and being head and shoulders above everyone else in the league. I'm not an accountant or analyst but it only seems logical that our fair market value has never been in question since our first PL title. We've gone from strength to strength, our club value(forbes?) should tell a story on its own. We've been generating profit for 4-5 years and are worth double what has been put into the club since Sheikh Mansour took ownership.

That does it for me Tariq Panja, is not a respected journalist any longer. I don't care who he writes for or what anyone says... he's an American Delaney.
Panja was formerly of the Manchester Evening News and has strong sources in the North West football industry at both ends of the M62. Can you guess how he is getting all this inside information from UEFA investigations? The leaks have consistently gone to the New York Times.

Which day next week will the Daily Mail publish a " City to be banned " article, quoted by the other red tops. Sunday is probably favourite, article by Draper, then it can gather momentum towards the Charity shield.

So predictable.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/24/sports/psg-uefa-ffp.html

What an article !

New York Times still with the insider informations.
Confirming that the portuguese judge is the one on the "hardline" side of FFP enforcement.
Brace yourselves Citizens. You are next according to their conclusion.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the writers of that article (or the paper's connection to the Fenway Group) managing to blanket City into their much belated judgement, condemnation, and criticism, not in the slightest, no.

The timing of it, the week approaching the Shield match against Liverpool, is absolutely fine too, nothing dodgy in that whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.