UEFA FFP investigation into 2014 filings - CAS confirm that City have appealed- Update Pg. 848

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. bluemanchester

bluemanchester

Shame Zeigler doesn't mention that there is no reason whatsoever why UEFA can't proceed now before the CAS hearing. Unless he knows they are up a creek with no paddle.

2. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

They can't stop it:

Q "M. Leterme, do you think these allegations deserve a ban, if found true?"
    A "If proved true, then they are serious charges and a ban would be appropriate in my opinion."
    Q: "Brilliant, I have my headline."

Leterme almost certainly hasn't said anything other than answer questions.
    A bit like when that deadline popped up that UEFA hurried to meet - it was reported in the media, but all it needed was someone to look in the UEFA regs to find out that it was important. No leak needed, and if UEFA were asked, they would have acknowledged that it was there.

3. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Good point.

"Could be interpreted to say" would be true.

petrusha likes this.
  4. petrusha

petrusha

Yes. Their content is consistent with the interpretation the Times has given. But it's misleading unless there's some statement or implication that they could be interpreted as not entailing breaches of the letter of the regulations. If Ziegler doesn't want to do so outright, then the neatest way to achieve it would be along the lines you've suggested above.

MillionMilesAway likes this.
  5. bobbyowenquiff

bobbyowenquiff

As some have suggested on here it looks increasingly like UEFA are waiting for CAS to bale them out of the hole they are in. They can't risk action against City based on a couple of dodgy emails wihout knowing the outcome of the Pinto case which will go on for years. If CAS reject the case because of a failed process then UEFA are off the hook. The only issue then will be lingering reputational damage to City which may force us to publish all our evidence. This will be a tough call for Khaldoon because I am sure we have a lot of dirt on our enemies. I suspect we will keep our powder dry unless any future action is actually taken against us. I believe we hold all the cards.

laserblue, MCFCTrick and Bobbyespania like this.
  6. Centurions

Centurions

I'm really looking forward to the apology from UEFA when CAS throw it out because I'm convinced that Khaldoon will get to write it for them word for word with the threat of further action if they refuse.

7. MadchesterCity

MadchesterCity

Sure your not the only one thinking this!

8. MadchesterCity

MadchesterCity

Agreed, question is who do you trust less the journalists, the Germans or the Politicians?

9. oldius

oldius

It would be lovely to think that we would sue The Times, in a big way.

Zubrman likes this.
  10. nmc

nmc

It’ll be interesting to see if CAS reset the clock and tell UEFA - they can start again from the beginning. With our enemies urging them on... will they... will UEFA risk everything?