UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here? I thought we were handed a fine because we admitted to breaches or am I getting confused with something else? Wasn’t there uproar with Chelsea fans as to why they received a ban and we didn’t?
Think you're mixing this up with FIFA probe into international transfers of junior players. Chelsea did indeed receive a tfr ban, while we were just fined.

Ziegler knew exactly what he was doing.

City were in the public eye, because of Vinnie's testimonial, so he chucks out a nothing article, to feed off that publicity.

He's laughing his tits off at everyone frothing at the mouth, all the while, he's getting the clicks and publicity for said article he was after.

Win win for him.

So you're ignoring the leaking of the pogba contract details
And Jose being done for tax evasion, that was footy leaks
The leaks of the new champions league version, that was utd
The leaked martial contract
Leaked utd wages of multiple players etc

Actually look at the link I posted and you'll see 100+ articles. I'm not your mother to link you to every single one
You are right but very few of the negative articles have been extensively followed up by the media in the UK. The tax evasion stuff seemed to be on the press agenda here for about 24 hours. But the press have been relentless in their coverage of a seven-year-old alleged FFP breach by City. The story has been covered again and again by the BBC, the Daily Mail, Telegraph and numerous snide aticles have been writted on social media by columnists. Even the Ronaldo rape story which came out of Footy leaks was a short-lived story in the UK. City have been targeted.

You are right but very few of the negative articles have been extensively followed up by the media in the UK. The tax evasion stuff seemed to be on the press agenda here for about 24 hours. But the press have been relentless in their coverage of a seven-year-old alleged FFP breach by City. The story has been covered again and again by the BBC, the Daily Mail, Telegraph and numerous snide aticles have been writted on social media by columnists. Even the Ronaldo rape story which came out of Footy leaks was a short-lived story in the UK. City have been targeted.

Spot on. And I don't care what anyone says but as Uli Hoeness will testify, tax evasion is a far more serious matter than breaches of some shitty arbitrary financial rules brought in by a footballing body in order to appease some of their slapped arse members

No news is good news, surely.

Difficult to say as it's been rumoured for a while that this could take months before we hear anything. You have to wonder why that is though because usually when these FFP cases get referred to the higher chamber, it's nowhere near as drawn out as this. It could be that UEFA know they've dropped a bollock in not following their own process and are looking for a way out as they're worried CAS will throw it out. In addition to that, maybe they simply don't have enough evidence to assume we're guilty of anything. I honestly believe that unless there's a smoking gun somewhere that we're not aware of, the e-mails referred to in the DS articles are nowhere near enough to nail us. It's doubtful that there is though IMO because DS surely wouldn't have kept the juiciest bits out of the public domain. Someone else had it right when they said if we're to assume the e-mails are genuine, they're evidence of nothing except an internal conversation. City have always said they're out of context and perhaps there are other e-mails that DS didn't publish that prove this, ie: "Nope, we can't do that as it's disguised ownership funding but what we can do is this.....". Unless the club are bullshitting (which would be stupid), the strong statements they've put out suggest we've done nothing wrong and this is a desperate attempt at a stitch-up.

Spot on. And I don't care what anyone says but as Uli Hoeness will testify, tax evasion is a far more serious matter than breaches of some shitty arbitrary financial rules brought in by a footballing body in order to appease some of their slapped arse members
Yes when the scum were forking out obscene sums of money to snaffle up the best player, nothing was said.

When they also hijacked the most promising youngsters from around the country by buying electrical goods and cars for the parents, nothing was said.

When the Edwards family were making a fortune from selling rotten meat to schools, nothing was said.

When Nike came along with a frankly ridiculous sponsorship deal, nothing was said.

We are being treated differently than the Cartel Clubs, and don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.