UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a link in that article to one from Banned Dan last year in which he sneers that City fans don't believe him and the rest of the haters:

"With their team the reigning Premier League champions, top of the league, and known for playing some of the best football that the English game has seen, most City supporters will refuse to allow allegations that their club deceived Uefa over financial fair play (FFP) rules to detract from pride in their club.

Nor will claims - however concerning - that executives ignored internal warnings about the reputational risk of striking a sponsorship deal with a Dubai-based construction company accused of mistreating migrant workers, and that a director sought to delay a response to a Freedom of Information request from a respected human rights expert over a commercial deal with the city council, have spoiled the fans' enjoyment of yet another convincing victory.

City supporters are used to such scrutiny of course. They have grown accustomed to the suggestion that owner Sheikh Mansour's spending spree over the past 10 years has devalued their on-field achievements and enabled them to buy success. That their club is being used as a form of 'soft-power', to improve the image of a repressive regime in the United Arab Emirates that continues to be accused of human rights abuses."

This cockroach's other droppings also continue to sprinkled into BBC coverage -

I must have missed the change in the legislation to make a delayed (allegedly) response to a freedom of information request a major crime.

Shame the media haven’t paid enough attention to the threat made to Karius, Robertson etc from those brilliant fans at the Cult Club.

Another misleaading and unbalanced article by the BBC which focuses only on City and PSG (I wonder why?) According to previous reports abroad the Pinto investigation is primarily into the alleged extortion attempts against Portugese football clubs and other agencies. The main targets for this were Sporting Lisbon and Benfica. He is also involved in the Ronaldo rape case and lots of allegations involving dozens of other indivuduals. The BBC has produced a partial version of events saying Pinto claims to be a whistleblower and mentioning only City and PSG. The implication is that somehow Pinto is the victim in all this. Given the huge sums of money involved (and found in his bank accounts) the whistle blower claim will not wash with anyone. It is now clear that this case is why UEFA are (sensibly) delaying their decision on any action. Will this be accurately reported in the UK media? I don't think so.

Another misleaading and unbalanced article by the BBC which focuses only on City and PSG (I wonder why?) According to previous reports abroad the Pinto investigation is primarily into the alleged extortion attempts against Portugese football clubs and other agencies. The main targets for this were Sporting Lisbon and Benfica. He is also involved in the Ronaldo rape case and lots of allegations involving dozens of other indivuduals. The BBC has produced a partial version of events saying Pinto claims to be a whistleblower and mentioning only City and PSG. The implication is that somehow Pinto is the victim in all this. Given the huge sums of money involved (and found in his bank accounts) the whistle blower claim will not wash with anyone. It is now clear that this case is why UEFA are (sensibly) delaying their decision on any action. Will this be accurately reported in the UK media? I don't think so.
Der Spiegel is no different. They call him a whistleblower at all possible occasions. It is clearly an attempt to place this word into the context of Pinto to brainwash the masses and to make their own articles more trustworthy. They even brought an article saying that in Germany Pinto would not be in jail. Now think a little about that. It is almost racism to imply that the Portuguese law system is somehow corrupt and in Germany everything is better.

Der Spiegel is no different. They call him a whistleblower at all possible occasions. It is clearly an attempt to place this word into the context of Pinto to brainwash the masses and to make their own articles more trustworthy. They even brought an article saying that in Germany Pinto would not be in jail. Now think a little about that. It is almost racism to imply that the Portuguese law system is somehow corrupt and in Germany everything is better.
It was Pinto's lawyer who claimed Pinto "should not be in jail." His most famous previous client was Julian Assange. That didn't go so well.
What is interesting is that the football leaks cache has been described as one of the world's biggest ever data hacks but only a small fraction has been published by Der Spiegel. I wonder what is in the rest of the data? This saga would make a great movie.

Sorry for my ignorance, and it may already have been mentioned in this 850+ thread (There is no way I'm trawling back through all this), but if Der Spiegel gave any money or incentive for Pinto to give them this data, surely this would be at a minimum, handling stolen goods. They are basically supporting illegal activity.

If Pinto gave it over free of charge, under the guise of whistle blower, I suppose this would negate my above comment mind.

Sorry for my ignorance, and it may already have been mentioned in this 850+ thread (There is no way I'm trawling back through all this), but if Der Spiegel gave any money or incentive for Pinto to give them this data, surely this would be at a minimum, handling stolen goods. They are basically supporting illegal activity.

If Pinto gave it over free of charge, under the guise of whistle blower, I suppose this would negate my above comment mind.
It's not clear if Der Spiegel paid for the information but I think it is unlikely. Pinto has been accused to trying to extort money out of organisations, including football clubs, by hacking their data and then threatening to release emabarrassing details to the media. If they don't pay up then it gets leaked. The only people who pay are those who have been blackmailed, ie not the media.
What is clear is that lots of stories have appeared across Europe revealing players' salaries (like Sanchez); tax evasion (like Mourhinho); rape allegations (Ronaldo); and some of City's emails. Pinto has been accused of doing this on an industrial scale and was caught when he tried to transfer large sums of money to and from his bank accounts. The UK media has pretty much ignored this part of the story for the last two years and have chosen instead to focus almost entirely on UEFA's investigation into City which is based on seven-year-old accounts and insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Any articles on it?

Have the prosecution briefed the press on the sentence he may get?

He’s only just been charged but all the cons will know he’s got a big wad of cash burning a hole in his pocket so I wouldn’t fancy Pinto’s chances if he goes inside. Maybe he can buy protection if he can access some of his funds.

Hmmmmm...I am looking forward to DS and their media colleagues mounting a fierce defence of pinto, given their almost religious adherence to the concepts of a fair hearing with all the legitimate and relevant evidence being considered, due process being followed, and of course, that central pillar of justice, the idea of being innocent until proven guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.