UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the length of time this is taking (when the media said it was an open & shut case) I'd suggest they have either very little to try and pin on us or they're shitting it actually giving a decision.

I look forward to the slug pack of media for example Dan the Man giving a grovelling live apology...

I still get the feeling that UEFA are sitting on their hands waiting for CAS to throw the case out for breach of due process, allowing UEFA to do the shoulder-shrugging ‘we did our best, but they got off on a technicality’ bit.
That way, the substantive issues do not need to be dealt with, but the implications of wrong-doing still hang over us, allowing the ‘no smoke without fire’ brigade to carry on with their thinly veiled insinuations.
I think this was the intention all along, hence the leaks which weakened both their chance of their case succeeding, but damaged our reputation at the same time.
Devious behaviour from devious people.

I still get the feeling that UEFA are sitting on their hands waiting for CAS to throw the case out for breach of due process, allowing UEFA to do the shoulder-shrugging ‘we did our best, but they got off on a technicality’ bit.
That way, the substantive issues do not need to be dealt with, but the implications of wrong-doing still hang over us, allowing the ‘no smoke without fire’ brigade to carry on with their thinly veiled insinuations.
I think this was the intention all along, hence the leaks which weakened both their chance of their case succeeding, but damaged our reputation at the same time.
Seems we have been here before. A time when we lost half (?) our team to the rags, without concrete proof.

That's absolutely what they're hoping in my view. They know their case is paper-thin and that they had to ignore due process and rush it through to meet the 5-year statute of limitations. CAS getting them out of the shit suits them nicely as they then can't be challenged on the whole principle and operation of FFP.

I'd love to know what evidence UEFA actually have. I deal with investigations involving forensic evidence from computers all the time and there are strict protocols concerning the integrity of that evidence.

Ignoring the legality or otherwise of hacked emails, the very act of interference with the data obtained renders it potentially corrupted. And that's before consideration of the possibility that the contents of the emails have been altered deliberately or otherwise. In short, none of the emails would be admitted in a proper Court or tribunal for thise reasons alone.

I'd love to know what evidence UEFA actually have. I deal with investigations involving forensic evidence from computers all the time and there are strict protocols concerning the integrity of that evidence.

Ignoring the legality or otherwise of hacked emails, the very act of interference with the data obtained renders it potentially corrupted. And that's before consideration of the possibility that the contents of the emails have been altered deliberately or otherwise. In short, none of the emails would be admitted in a proper Court or tribunal for thise reasons alone.
They don't actually need any of that stuff bud, they've got social media nowadays. We've already been found guilty, we're just waiting to find out whether it's the National League North Premiere or Division 1 they're relegating us to.

That's absolutely what they're hoping in my view. They know their case is paper-thin and that they had to ignore due process and rush it through to meet the 5-year statute of limitations. CAS getting them out of the shit suits them nicely as they then can't be challenged on the whole principle and operation of FFP.
I'm sure you're right, but CAS seem in no hurry to rule on our appeal based on unfair process. Why would this be?

With the length of time this is taking (when the media said it was an open & shut case) I'd suggest they have either very little to try and pin on us or they're shitting it actually giving a decision.

I look forward to the slug pack of media for example Dan the Man giving a grovelling live apology...
Regarding apologies from the press, Sayeed of the Times wrote two articles about us. He got most of his facts wrong, left out bits that did not bolster his case, and went right over the top in suggesting punishments. Er, Sayeed, you have to be found guilty first! But he also gave a hostage to fortune by saying he would issue a public apology, if he were proved wrong. We all know he will weasel out of it, so, when we are exhonorated, everybody here should write a stiff letter to the Times and give Sayeed both barrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.