UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

CITY V UEFA

So we could be ban using emails etc that were stole from us, how can it be legal, surely they should be done for being in receipt of stolen property
Because it's a private body, not a court of law - the rules of evidence don't apply, its as arbitrary as they want it to be!

All I will say is that it gives them a choice. If they now go ahead and propose a ban (especially of one year) it will show that it was a real leak and that the integrity of the investigation is compromised. That's as serious as it gets for a professionally conducted enquiry and strengthens our potential argument that it was never a properly-conducted independent investigation but a pre-judged witch-hunt. And the answers to the questions I have posed above need to be answered. Who and why.

The NYT has a choice. They can either admit they made it up (which no-one believes they did) and explain why or, alternatively, confirm that they do indeed have a source from within the enquiry (who they will not, and don't have to, name) which has the effect described above.

Believe me, this is a major bollock dropped.

I agree, though this article presents different issues for UEFA and the NYT.

If it’s true, which it probably is, then as you say it undermines the integrity of the investigation and causes reputational damage even prior to a decision on a sanction being levied. We could be in negotiations with players who may be reluctant to join without Champions League or sponsors who may be less inclined to sponsor us without Champions League. The merest whiff of sanction causes us problems. This is a problem for UEFA.

If it’s not true then NYT will be paying be damages for defamation.

UEFA can't even get this right.

Never known an organisation repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot so many times.

I think they will ban us because they are that stupid. City will take UEFA to CAS and win. Whether City take it further and get damages will be interesting.

UEFA are either ignoring their lawyers or getting bad advice. How much is this personal vendetta worth to UEFA and their cartel? It's probably their last chance to see sense.
I think you're pretty close to the mark.

They'll take a chance on appeasing the movers behind this & hope when CAS chuck it out it'll all go quiet ....which is when we should strike for the heart.

Wow. This needs to be highlighted. Clearly City have them, NYT and UeFA, rattled hence the edit.
The one problem I have with it al is that the reputational damage is being done and even when we are shown to be squeaky clean it will alwya be there to be hinted at by the biaised media.
Keeps Dan Roan in a job at Rag Media Quays.
"No smoke without fire" will be the new Dipperdom chant.

I agree, though this article presents different issues for UEFA and the NYT.

If it’s true, which it probably is, then as you say it undermines the integrity of the investigation and causes reputational damage even prior to a decision on a sanction being levied. We could be in negotiations with players who may be reluctant to join without Champions League or sponsors who may be less inclined to sponsor us without Champions League. The merest whiff of sanction causes us problems. This is a problem for UEFA.

If it’s not true then NYT will be paying be damages for defamation.

Exactly. This is a major bollock dropped by someone on the inside who, in their glee, couldn't even wait a couple of weeks to smear us. Someone very bitter about losing the league on Sunday and with historic links to the NYT I would suggest.

Finally, this is the sort of leverage we needed to begin our counter-attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.