UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This got me thinking about the Dupont case against FFP that PB used to allude on and mentioned there was a verdict coming. There's not much online but a couple links here seem to provide more information.

https://www.asser.nl/SportsLaw/Blog/?tag=/FFP

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/footbal...-fair-play-financier-5cb0bb069978e2633399c2dc

The first link suggests there was a decision by the court of appeal on the 11th of April which I assume is what the 2nd link is about when it says: The Brussels Court of Appeal delivered a judgment on Friday, in which it declared itself territorially incompetent to judge the case concerning the validity of the principle of financial fair play, issued by the International Football Federation (FIFA). Not exactly sure what that means but it;s also a google translate job so could mean something different to incompetent.

So from what I can gather Striani & Dupont would have to take it to the 'Belgian Cour de Cassation (Highest Civil Court)' as mention in the first article but it would entail risks and costs and there's no sign of them doing that yet.

A great response from City, I love the belligerent tone, UEFA can be in no doubt that the club is spoiling for a fight.
I cannot imagine such a response unless City have full confidence that we will win.

Is this still the old allegation about the Sheik paying Etihad who then paid City? And if so is it true that UEFA have no right to open Etihad’s books? That was always my understanding but I’m no expert and would appreciate a response from someone who is.... cheers

Exactly, this accusation will have serious replications.

If UEFA ban us basically they are saying not only MCFC committed fraud but also Etihad airlines.

Good luck with that one UEFA

Not sure what you mean by posting this mate.

That this news was already reported? There are new bits in this story about UEFA's possible angle being about falsely presenting our information rather than financial irregularities.

Also the NY Times story "confirms" that the quote you posted is the expected course of action. That is news.

No disrespect, but Trying to question the NY Times credibility as an investigative newspaper is reaching to say the least.

Yep. Already reported by The Guardian 2 months ago. Both breach of the rules and deceit.

Since I am an artist I thought it would be fun to paint a detailed picture on how this is going to play out in the courts. Attached is said picture for reference:

yIK9dhj.jpg

The removal of the bit about UEFA sources in the article is fascinating. That cannot have been written in accidentally.

Not sure what you mean by posting this mate.

That this news was already reported? There are new bits in this story about UEFA's possible angle being about falsely presenting our information rather than financial irregularities.

No disrespect, but Trying to question the NY Times credibility as an investigative newspaper is reaching to say the least.
There are just another bunch of rag/scouse lackeys - integrity free zones like the BBC's Dan Roan, Sky/MUTV and the parasite press over here.
It's ordure to order as far as City is concerned and swallowing their sewage and regurgitating it on here is unhelpful.

I have made a complaint to the BBC about their coverage, which I copied on the Media thread. I urge other fans to do the same. My complaint was as follows:

The current BBC headline: Uefa “want Man City banned from Champions league” and article is unfair and deliberately damaging and unproven.

As the club say there is a “deliberate campaign to damage the club” and the BBC, a public funded organisation, is playing a leading part.

Can you imagine a pre-trial headline “Police/CPS want person X to face life imprisonment” before full evidence has been heard?

It is a fundamental right there should be a presumption of innocence not guilt.

Additionally throughout the 2018/19 PL campaign, and beyond, all the BBC journalists have shown a clear bias in favour of Liverpool.

Headlines such as “Liverpool look to make history,” when exactly the same could be said for City. They can achieve a unique domestic Grand Slam not to mention historic back to back PL titles.

Most BBC coverage since the final day has not been about City’s achievement, coming back from 7 points behind in January, but how Liverpool can improve further for next season.

The BBC football is full of ex-Liverpool players who consistently fail to give independent, unbiased output in breach of the BBC Charter’s core values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.