UEFA FFP investigation into 2014 filings - CAS confirm that City have appealed

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. laserblue

laserblue

Sounds like you're getting cross.

2. Chris in London

Chris in London

And?

laserblue and Kazzydeyna like this.
  3. DorisBlue

DorisBlue

So essentially we’ve taken UEFA to court before they could do the same. And an independent one at that. At least its “fair” hopefully

4. King KdB of Belgium

King KdB of Belgium

Why is it that both Baracalona and Real Madrid can both spend money like it is going out of fashion, and still not be brought to book on FFP. My hunch is that they have someone who is on the board of the UEFA committee that is over the running of FFP., that is why they are never brought to justice on FFP.

5. waspish

waspish

Think if you don't lose more than 30m over 3 years your fine regarding ffp

6. King KdB of Belgium

King KdB of Belgium

One of the reasons why it has gone quite in all the media is that they do not want themselves to be sued for either libel or slander. If this happens they could possibly open themselves to being sued for £'s millions in damages, which most media output's could ill afford to pay. Even those like the big organizations like Sky.

Franknorgrovesnephew likes this.
  7. Gorton_Tubster

Gorton_Tubster

I think the main reason is that we're not winning / playing. The reports are driven by jealousy and hate.... Not human rights, the closed season has highlighted that even more so.

8. Kinkys Left Foot

Kinkys Left Foot

I think what annoys most blues is that profligate spending even within their means by the old guard of other big clubs like Real Madrid and Barca, United and Liverpool etc is lauded in the press as a demonstration of their power and standing within the game. Whereas compare that to us and PSG who comprise 2 more of the recognised top 10 (as defined by most yardsticks not just income) and you will note the insinuation of wastefulness and general allegations of unfairness and spending beyond means etc. Or am just being a bit prickly when I read or listen to the shite some sports commentators come out with?
    Not that I really give a fuck! We're here and here to stay. If they're waiting for our owners to get bored they're in for a very long wait! If anď when they do we'll likely be sold to other owners with limitless wealth. Here's hoping we continue to rack up the trophy count in the meantime and continue with the fantastic football we've been treated to for several years now. What a time to be a blue.

9. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I agree. Don't want to deflect from the international tournaments too much, and besides, a lot of the hacks will be away on holiday.

Interestingly, McKenna has decided to go after the Brazilian national team for allowing the president (not a particularly nice man) to use them for publicity after winning the Copa America.

10. Ennis

Ennis

All brought on by jealousy and hate that’s it. Look when we get hammered the most it peaked after we won at Brighton, we then got hammered after winning the treble...it then went reasonably quiet until we signed Rodri and it all opened up again.

BrianW likes this.