UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AC is supposed to be made up of financial and legal experts as opposed to the investigatory chamber who are UEFA staff. I was wondering if this comment was relevant to recent news from the Athletic or whether it's just a general comment about the validity of City's claim.

I think MillionMilesAway is probably right.
The operative word there is 'supposed'. I think our statement was a less than subtle dig at their lack of professionalism

Yes, I initially thought that the directors actually KNEW what the decision was going to be, but @Marvin put doubts in my mind. We really don't know, but Khaldoon and this report are bullish. So I believe one way or another we will win.

The full quote in the annual report is just a copy/paste (99%) mash-up from the club statements from March 2019 and May 2019. So I don't think its appearance in the annual report means much.

From annual report: The Directors welcomed the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of Club emails. The Directors are entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

From March 2019: "Manchester City welcomes the opening of a formal UEFA investigation as an opportunity to bring to an end the speculation resulting from the illegal hacking and out of context publication of City emails."
https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/club-news/2019/march/man-city-club-statement-uefa

From May 2019: "Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body."
https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/club-news/2019/may/man-city-club-statement-uefa-response

Last edited:
Quite a bit being made of City's appeal being rejected - yet few news outlets mention that you can only appeal when something is formally against you. This makes me laugh. Backwards media reporting, at best

Quite a bit being made of City's appeal being rejected - yet few news outlets mention that you can only appeal when something is formally against you. This makes me laugh. Backwards media reporting, at best
Quite. Like having an appeal against a guilty murder verdict rejected because you've not been accused or convicted of murder. This level of journalism would be funny if it wasn't so sinister. Clear attempt to inflict any damage possible before the 'bad news' breaks that city are not guilty and the whole thing was bollocks.

Quite. Like having an appeal against a guilty murder verdict rejected because you've not been accused or convicted of murder. This level of journalism would be funny if it wasn't so sinister. Clear attempt to inflict any damage possible before the 'bad news' breaks that city are not guilty and the whole thing was bollocks.

They'll consider all the investigations/slurs a success against City - totally took the shine off a treble that'll eventually be looked back on as a monumental moment in football, can't wait to watch that season on Sky football gold while I'm at the gym.

They'll consider all the investigations/slurs a success against City - totally took the shine off a treble that'll eventually be looked back on as a monumental moment in football, can't wait to watch that season on Sky football gold while I'm at the gym.
They knew exactly what they were doing and our domestic treble win something that slur Alex once said was impossible was swept under the rug. But as you said in years to come when all this ffp bullshit is long gone it will be looked back upon as an amazing achievement guess we’ll just have to wait eh

They knew exactly what they were doing and our domestic treble win something that slur Alex once said was impossible was swept under the rug. But as you said in years to come when all this ffp bullshit is long gone it will be looked back upon as an amazing achievement guess we’ll just have to wait eh
Hope I don’t have to wait too long I ain’t getting any younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.