UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was UEFA I'd just state that the Investigatory Chamber had messed up and hadn't followed the process correctly and as such the Adjucicary Chamber were dropping the charges.
Publically, City would be shown to have got away with it on a technicality and I'm not sure City could do anything about it.

This is an option but there are clearly major clubs demanding we are punished and put in our place regardless of the facts or evidence. This was always a club motivated witch-hunt with no facts to back it up.

Even if they don't ban or fine us, clearing us is the one outcome that will never happen precisely for the reason you describe but also, because they know the media shitstorm would be unrelenting. The media would never tolerate being proved to be wrong.
The media are mostly never 'proved' to be wrong, as their readership can't be arsed to check what they previously said

This is an option but there are clearly major clubs demanding we are punished and put in our place regardless of the facts or evidence. This was always a club motivated witch-hunt with no facts to back it up.
Presumably it seems City want the facts discussed which seems to be a problem for an organisation that brazenly called its FFP rules Fair.

Presumably it seems City want the facts discussed which seems to be a problem for an organisation that brazenly called its FFP rules Fair.

Sooner or later this may end up at the CAS - I really don’t think this process nor the evidence assembled will stand up too well to scrutiny. City probably know they’ve got UEFA on the run but it’s not UEFA we have in our sights it’s the clubs that have been behind this dirty tricks campaign that we need to expose and nail. Liverpool, Bayern, Barcelona being to the fore I’d guess.

Bizarre. We did breach FFP rules and were sanctioned for it.

My understanding is that we will be asked to present our case, which we weren't able to do before the case was passed to the Adjudicatory Chamber. Despite that they tried to get us to accept a token punishment, which we refused to do. We will not accept that we did anything wrong and therefore won't agree to any punishment. And that's from the top.
I hope that you are right. I trust that you have heard from someone at the club, but I was reassured that we weren't going to fall foul of FFP in the first case and it seems like they moved the goalposts. The press and the haters including our rivals have been certain of a ban which was announced a couple of days after we won the league again. So damage was done and I have trouble imagining UEFA would be happy to clear us with so much pressure coming from the old guard.

If I was UEFA I'd just state that the Investigatory Chamber had messed up and hadn't followed the process correctly and as such the Adjucicary Chamber were dropping the charges.
Publically, City would be shown to have got away with it on a technicality and I'm not sure City could do anything about it.
If it does go down this way then I'm hoping that it's the final straw for City and we take them to the cleaners over it. Presumably this is what the alleged meeting this coming week is about where UEFA state what they want to do and we laugh in their faces and give them a printed statement to read out that suits us.

Sooner or later this may end up at the CAS - I really don’t think this process nor the evidence assembled will stand up too well to scrutiny. City probably know they’ve got UEFA on the run but it’s not UEFA we have in our sights it’s the clubs that have been behind this dirty tricks campaign that we need to expose and nail. Liverpool, Bayern, Barcelona being to the fore I’d guess.
I agree, one of the reasons City refuse to let uefa off the hook by accepting a lesser charge is that uefa do not have the courage or capability to tell those Clubs their findings are incorrect.

Plea bargaining is pointless when the hometown prosecution has made a guilty decision without reference to defence evidence or even compliant judge reasoning.
Their hubris and arrogance continues, lets see if its obvious flaws can reach beyond a secret court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.