UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems we cannot appeal to cas about process until a sentence has been decided ie no sentence decided by ac requires no appeal.by city.
Hopefully this is the route.

Possibly uefa have been informed that this decision of no punishment will prevent them losing an appeal on procedural grounds.

Not sure the lower chamber will like that though.
As someone else commented there are hawks and doves in European football.

UEFA AC though has to satisfy itself that it can make charges stick so regardless of what LFC, La Liga etc want, they need more than that to shut us down.

The strength of the Athletics statements lead me to believe that they now know what the results of that AC investigation are. I hope I am right and they are right.

Others want City to be exonerated. I find that impossible to believe. UEFA will fudge it to get between the hawks and doves. City will then appeal to CAS. It will go on an on.

Speculative: I have a feeling the Adjudicatory Committee recommendation will go before a UEFA exec committee and I'm looking at Friday the 13th December as a possible date.

I base this on expectation of how a organisation like UEFA world work, and what we know about the UEFA Executive. They meet once every two months, and historically they have met after the final group games, and the Friday is when Adjudicatory Committee decisions appear to have been ratified in the past. If you look in the football media. They are all talking about a December announcement.

Last edited:
If it was as straightforward as that you'd think City's lawyers and CAS might have noticed at the outset. Presumably the club proceeded on the grounds that the IC decision had been accepted for adjudication together with the implication of guilt contained in that process. It has taken several months and a request from UEFA for this finding that after all - surprise, surprise - the AC has the power to reject the IC judgement on the grounds that no transgression of the rules has taken place.

I think the two are relatively separate. I'm sure City's lawyers have advised UEFA of their opinions, and this was the reasoning of raising it at CAS - just exploring every avenue. CAS just have no jurisdiction on this yet.

I'm sure all sides know the AC's options in this, and this hasn't surprised anyone.

You forgot the Atalanta defender in the first game punching the ball away in the penalty area, with the ref two yards away!

Everything else, bang on.

I don’t think VAR was in place, but the decision that made me laugh even more than Aguero’s booking for ‘diving’ against Monaco, was the ref’s refusal to give Leroy a penalty when he was not so much fouled as harvested by the keeper away to Hoffenheim. He almost jackknifed Leroy through a full 360 degrees. Incredible refereeing

My take is that we went to CAS because it was our belief that UEFA hadn't followed their own process and therefore any investigation was invalid. All CAS has done is to say they can't rule on that appeal because UEFA haven't finished their investigation. By taking the original appeal to CAS we were sending a very clear message to UEFA and I suspect that we knew all along that CAS wouldn't rule on an investigation before it had ended. This ruling today means absolutely nothing IMO.

Yes. Even Simon Stone thinks it's 'as you were'. What it absolutely isn't is a rejection of an appeal; it's that there is nothing for CAS to rule about an appeal on.

Probably been asked but if the UEFA AC recommend a fine can City take the same complaint back to CAS that UEFAs own due process wasn't followed? And if so and CAS throw our complaint out can we then go back to CAS about the fine itself?

This really could run and run.

Speculative: I have a feeling the Adjudicatory Committee recommendation will go before a UEFA exec committee and I'm looking at Friday the 13th December as a possible date.

I base this on expectation of how a organisation like UEFA world work, and what we know about the UEFA Executive. They meet once every two months, and historically they have met after the final group games, and the Friday is when Adjudicatory Committee decisions appear to have been ratified in the past. If you look in the football media. They are all talking about a December announcement.
Could be a very good day to bury bad news being as we will have an almighty piece of crap elected as PM the day before, whoever wins..

Probably been asked but if the UEFA AC recommend a fine can City take the same complaint back to CAS that UEFAs own due process wasn't followed? And if so and CAS throw our complaint out can we then go back to CAS about the fine itself?

This really could run and run.

To recommend a fine then they will have had to have found us guilty of something, and if they do, that's when City can go back to CAS, although CAS in their statement said about all other legal avenues. So whether there are other processes which need to be explored first before returning to CAS, I don't know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.