UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Must admit, it seemed odd at the time that we were appealing to the CAS before any decision was reached by UEFA.

Perhaps it was just showing UEFA we mean business and are prepared to fight this. It may also have stopped UEFA from banning us at the time as they may have been taken back by our actions.

Perhaps it was just showing UEFA we mean business and are prepared to fight this. It may also have stopped UEFA from banning us at the time as they may have been taken back by our actions.

I don't think the second part was ever on the cards. That would be mad to punish before judgement.

Must admit, it seemed odd at the time that we were appealing to the CAS before any decision was reached by UEFA.

It did to me at first, however didn't it later transpire we were actually challenging the decision to send it higher up the chain as according to our club procedures had not been followed and evidence ignored? I think the line about the decision to send it CFCB AC as not been final is telling.

No, it means "not our business yet - our rules prevent us ruling on this"

As far as I see, the IC have investigated and made recommendations to the AC. That's their entire role in it, and sending it to the AC merely means they think it's beyond what the IC are allowed to punish people with (from memory, 100k euros).
The AC can do what they like with those recommendations, and I assume this will entail assessing whether procedure has been met, strength of evidence if challenged, etc.
As I recall our appeal was based on the IC referral to the AC before due process had been completed, this decision seems to contain an implication that the AC could make this assessment itself and set aside the referral.

As I recall our appeal was based on the IC referral to the AC before due process had been completed, this decision seems to contain an implication that the AC could make this assessment itself and set aside the referral.

Yes, I think that's implicit in the name! It would make no sense if the AC couldn't reject something.

What intrigues me is that people were calling this outcome the day we filed the appeal. So what took so long ? The optimist in me hopes that CAS sought the views of UEFA before opining and UEFA said there's no point in the appeal going aheadbecause we're not contemplating a punishment.

Trying to work out what those slippery fuckers are up to, though, is like trying to hold an eel by the tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.