UEFA FFP investigation into 2014 filings - Case Hearing reportedly this week (Guardian)- Pg. 1038

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. Thomas Hearns

Thomas Hearns

Thanks chaps

2. Marvin

Marvin

So after months and months of apparent inactivity, UEFA and CAS are both moving. Negotiation or coincidence?

KS55, JGL07, nmc and 1 other person like this.
  3. George Hannah

George Hannah

If it was as straightforward as that you'd think City's lawyers and CAS might have noticed at the outset. Presumably the club proceeded on the grounds that the IC decision had been accepted for adjudication together with the implication of guilt contained in that process. It has taken several months and a request from UEFA for this finding that after all - surprise, surprise - the AC has the power to reject the IC judgement on the grounds that no transgression of the rules has taken place.

4. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

As ever, I’ll believe we’re off the hook when I see it, rather than place undue faith in what Sam Lee believes will happen. No disrespect to him, just that UEFA (and the old guard driving them on) are cnuts from the planet cnut, and capable of anything

5. Marvin

Marvin

Let us hope his report is accurate. UEFA should be watertight. These discussions are supposed to be confidential. If they have made a decision now, then why wait until December? Ratification?

6. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

This all seems like it is a well-orchestrated roll-out for the peanut gallery, no?

The Athletic have either got the very wrong end of the stick, or some sort of horsetrading has indeed gone on between City and UEFA?

UEFA not sanctioning City does not make any sense, as the Club had already established they had found us 'guilty' and were to recommend a Champions League ban.

I don't get the fine suggestion, either?

In what other legal framework can someone be cleared yet still be imposed with a punishment?

The only conclusion I can draw is that City have leverage which is far more damaging to UEFA than kicking us out of their poxy Nazi-style branded competition.

7. tolmie's hairdoo

tolmie's hairdoo

The Champions League group stage ends?

People can also read into that what they will...

8. M18CTID

M18CTID

I don't think this is a biggie in the grand scheme of things. As far as I can see, City only went to CAS at that stage to complain that UEFA hadn't followed due process up to that point. I'm not sure any other club has gone to CAS at that stage of an investigation, and CAS are just confirming that they can't get involved at this stage. What beggars belief is why couldn't they have said this as soon as the club went to them! Anyway, if UEFA's final decision is a guilty verdict then that's when CAS can get involved, and if they uphold the club's appeal I'm sure they would include UEFA not following their own process in any summary

KS55, ganganvince and BlueMoonz1977 like this.
  9. Shirley

Shirley

From Sam Lee tweet....
    Alongside that, it was up to CAS to decide whether Uefa are able to impose whatever punishments they may or may not decide. Uefa can still impose what they want, but we understand they won’t ban Cith

Missed the e out there Sam!

KS55, Bobbyespania, karen7 and 3 others like this.
  10. Marvin

Marvin

Maybe they just line their judges up and take the business in order. And when it came to our case it was a straightforward ruling?

UEFA obviously knew from our CAS referral that we are going to dispute any hostile outcome. I think that is the point.