UEFA FFP investigation into 2014 filings - Case Hearing reportedly this week (Guardian)- Pg. 1038

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. dadnlad

dadnlad

Talkshite big gob white has his black hat on ..... guilty as charged

mat likes this.
  2. Marvin

Marvin

As someone else commented there are hawks and doves in European football.

UEFA AC though has to satisfy itself that it can make charges stick so regardless of what LFC, La Liga etc want, they need more than that to shut us down.

The strength of the Athletics statements lead me to believe that they now know what the results of that AC investigation are. I hope I am right and they are right.

Others want City to be exonerated. I find that impossible to believe. UEFA will fudge it to get between the hawks and doves. City will then appeal to CAS. It will go on an on.

Newman Noggs likes this.
  3. the talisman

the talisman

So journalists know in advance that we’re not getting banned?
    Fuck me UEFA needs one almighty clean up.

4. Marvin

Marvin

Speculative: I have a feeling the Adjudicatory Committee recommendation will go before a UEFA exec committee and I'm looking at Friday the 13th December as a possible date.

I base this on expectation of how a organisation like UEFA world work, and what we know about the UEFA Executive. They meet once every two months, and historically they have met after the final group games, and the Friday is when Adjudicatory Committee decisions appear to have been ratified in the past. If you look in the football media. They are all talking about a December announcement.

Last edited: 15 Nov 2019
  5. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

I think the two are relatively separate. I'm sure City's lawyers have advised UEFA of their opinions, and this was the reasoning of raising it at CAS - just exploring every avenue. CAS just have no jurisdiction on this yet.

I'm sure all sides know the AC's options in this, and this hasn't surprised anyone.

6. Exeter Blue I am here

Exeter Blue I am here

I don’t think VAR was in place, but the decision that made me laugh even more than Aguero’s booking for ‘diving’ against Monaco, was the ref’s refusal to give Leroy a penalty when he was not so much fouled as harvested by the keeper away to Hoffenheim. He almost jackknifed Leroy through a full 360 degrees. Incredible refereeing

7. MillionMilesAway

MillionMilesAway

Yes. Even Simon Stone thinks it's 'as you were'. What it absolutely isn't is a rejection of an appeal; it's that there is nothing for CAS to rule about an appeal on.

laserblue likes this.
  8. Centurions

Centurions

Probably been asked but if the UEFA AC recommend a fine can City take the same complaint back to CAS that UEFAs own due process wasn't followed? And if so and CAS throw our complaint out can we then go back to CAS about the fine itself?

This really could run and run.

9. The Light Was Yellow Sir

The Light Was Yellow Sir

Could be a very good day to bury bad news being as we will have an almighty piece of crap elected as PM the day before, whoever wins..

10. dickie davies

dickie davies

To recommend a fine then they will have had to have found us guilty of something, and if they do, that's when City can go back to CAS, although CAS in their statement said about all other legal avenues. So whether there are other processes which need to be explored first before returning to CAS, I don't know