UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re the rumoured Newcastle takeover and how they would be hamstrung by FFP. I disagree to an extent. Firstly, Premier League FFP rules are more lenient with regards to allowable losses than the UEFA regs. Losses of £105 million over 3 years are allowed I think. The tricky one about PL FFP would be the rule about not being able to increase your wage bill by more than £7 million per year unless you get additional sponsorship deals signed up. But either way, there’s scope in the regs for a club to spend a fair chunk of money.

I’ll also add that the revised UEFA FFP regs that were introduced in 2015 allow for new owners of clubs to spend relatively freely as long as they can put forward a sensible long-term business plan to UEFA. This is what AC Milan wanted to do but it was deemed too risky, hence why they’re still on a collision course with UEFA.I’d imagine Newcastle would be on a much sounder footing than AC Milan if this takeover went through though.

The deal for Newcastle is all but done
They just have to pass "the fit and proper test "which will be completed when RAWK and RED CAFE give their blessing

Along with some random bloggers off Twitter.

now we know,
pep wasn't talking to the juve director ,he was speaking to a Newcastle director in his black and white striped footy shirt,people just got mixed up because Newcastle couldn't afford pep, now they can

thanks pep for all you've done and have a good time in the toon

Re the rumoured Newcastle takeover and how they would be hamstrung by FFP. I disagree to an extent. Firstly, Premier League FFP rules are more lenient with regards to allowable losses than the UEFA regs. Losses of £105 million over 3 years are allowed I think. The tricky one about PL FFP would be the rule about not being able to increase your wage bill by more than £7 million per year unless you get additional sponsorship deals signed up. But either way, there’s scope in the regs for a club to spend a fair chunk of money.

I’ll also add that the revised UEFA FFP regs that were introduced in 2015 allow for new owners of clubs to spend relatively freely as long as they can put forward a sensible long-term business plan to UEFA. This is what AC Milan wanted to do but it was deemed too risky, hence why they’re still on a collision course with UEFA.I’d imagine Newcastle would be on a much sounder footing than AC Milan if this takeover went through though.
That sounds promising. I'd love to see the Geordies up in the top 4 and another one of the axis of evil miss out.

The deal for Newcastle is all but done
They just have to pass "the fit and proper test "which will be completed when RAWK and RED CAFE give their blessing

I was having a read of the Newcastle thread on Redcafe, full of plastic rags complaining about the game being dead and all about money. Mard arsed bastards, they reaped what they have sown when they got together with Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs and Everton got together to create the financial inequality of what we have now in the premier league.

I welcome more investment, Wolves, Newcastle, Everton fuck even Leeds if it happens. Get spending and flush those who wanted to be on the original premier league gravy train down into mid table nothingness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.