UEFA FFP investigation - Other PL clubs appeal to CAS to prevent City playing in Europe (p 2581)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by razman, 7 Mar 2019.

1. nmc

nmc

Reads like he’s been discussing this with his source. No mention of the CAS concerns. Very one sided reporting nice again.

2. Newman Noggs

Newman Noggs

The state of that. I wonder if it has occurred to these journalistic pygmies that the reason only rich clubs take UEFA to Court is because it is expensive. And, in any balanced world, the success of previous appeals casts real doubt on the verdicts passed against those clubs that don't have the resources to fight. Maybe that is the real story here.

Dave S likes this.
  3. Pablo ZZZ Peroni

Pablo ZZZ Peroni

Yep, quotes Leterne in full but doesn't quote the CAS response to Leterne's comment.

Also he distances himself from the leaks:
    News media outlets, including The New York Times, citing anonymous sources, reported that the outcome of the investigation was likely to be a recommendation that City, which had already been sanctioned for breaking the cost-control rules in 2014, faced a ban of at least one season from the Champions League, a trophy the club has never won but covets the most.

Hope this smug **** gets caught out.

4. nmc

nmc

The problem with the term I can neither confirm nor deny is that journalists see it as an opportunity to spin it whichever way they want ,!

5. karen7

karen7

This,we know the gloves are off now,we seem to be briefing the times,the difficulty will come,as in the hacking case,none of them are going to come down on our side

6. blue ranger

blue ranger

Whatever happened to the briefings from Sam Lee before Xmas when he said we weren’t going to be punished?

wahablue likes this.
  7. nmc

nmc

The press don’t need to. We need to win at the CAS and then pick off Gill and the other perpetrators! Nothing short of destroying some of our enemies will surface in a conflict like this. We should show no mercy. I hope we financially destroy Gill.

8. karen7

karen7

Amen to that

9. peace frog

peace frog

Team supported:
    Manchester City Football Club
    well I had it this morning

10. Bandofblues

Bandofblues

Team supported:
    City
    But then where is Gill getting his information from?
    A confidential process is exactly that - confidential - UEFA shouldn't be telling all their employees what is going on. If Gill isn't part of the process then he shouldn't know what is happening either. So still a leak even if internally within UEFA.

Newman Noggs likes this.