UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly the scope document only coming to light late is an issue.

A scope document should come at the start of the investigation. It sets the parameters, the scope of what the investigation should concern itself with.
The fact that the scope document was only provided after the matter had ben passed to the adjudicatory chamber tells a story:

UEFA investigatory chamber: "have you seen these leaked emails?, fucking hell we might have something here, lets open an investigation"
UEFA teaboy: "you realise those were stolen, are out of context and oh the statute limitations runs out any day now?"
UEFA investigatory chamber: "shit, shit, shit, kick it upstairs now !, oh and don't forget to gob off to your mates in the press, we will have these bastards"
City: "errm, what are you investigating us about exactly?"
UEFA investigatory chamber: ………
City: "and would you please respect your own confidentiality rules whilst you decide?"
UEFA adjudicatory chamber (to the investigatory chamber): "you dickheads, where is the investigation report?"
UEFA investigatory chamber: "here have our scope document instead"
City: "errm that's not due process"
UEFA adjudicatory chamber: "never mind that, will you just pay a fine/accept a ban please?"
City: "NO, fuck off !"
City: "and would you PLEASE respect your own confidentiality rules?"
UEFA adjudicatory chamber: "never, how dare you accuse.... "
City: > CAS
CAS: "UEFA you are a bunch of fucking clowns, go away and think about this properly"
UEFA: "Shit, shit shit - what do we do now ?"
UEFA: "errmmm"
UEFA: "errmmm, leak some other shit"

A scope document should come at the start of the investigation. It sets the parameters, the scope of what the investigation should concern itself with.
The fact that the scope document was only provided after the matter had ben passed to the adjudicatory chamber tells a story:

UEFA investigatory chamber: "have you seen these leaked emails?, fucking hell we might have something here, lets open an investigation"
UEFA teaboy: "you realise those were stolen, are out of context and oh the statute limitations runs out any day now?"
UEFA investigatory chamber: "shit, shit, shit, kick it upstairs now !, oh and don't forget to gob off to your mates in the press, we will have these bastards"
City: "and would you please respect your own confidentiality rules whilst you decide?"
UEFA adjudicatory chamber (to the investigatory chamber): "you dickheads, where is the investigation report?"
UEFA investigatory chamber: "here have our scope document instead"
City: "errm that's not due process"
UEFA adjudicatory chamber: "never mind that, will you just pay a fine/accept a ban please?"
City: "NO, fuck off !"
City: "and would you PLEASE respect your own confidentiality rules?"
UEFA adjudicatory chamber: "never, how dare you accuse.... "
City: > CAS
CAS: "UEFA you are a bunch of fucking clowns, go away and think about this properly"
UEFA: "Shit, shit shit - what do we do now ?"
UEFA: "errmmm, leak some other shit"
I asked the question some time back but got no response: have the external auditors made a written report to Uefa and have City received a copy thereof?
@tolmie's hairdoo , any clue?

The truly big cases are only ever won by someone who has the motivation and deeper pockets to keep it in litigation.

Goodness knows what it costs to keep a QC on retainer, never mind all the other expertise from separate firms and abroad?

I suspect a letter costs more than £40 an hour!

This has to be a consideration for UEFA, when also factoring in their own legal costs?

If it does go nuclear in CAS, where every cough and splutter would seemingly be allowed, the burden of proof must surely lie at the feet of UEFA, as they only have hacked email reports from Football Leaks website, and we have subsequently provided context and supporting evidence.

That's when reputational damage also comes in to it?

Must be talking tens of millions.

A top QC of the magnitude we’ll be using will be £1000 an hour plus he’ll have a team of solicitors. The legal fees will be astronomical and as you say UEFA don’t seem to have deep pockets so City’s lawyers will be deliberately hiking the costs as much as they can in the hope UEFA blink first.

Oh I don't know mate, it wouldn't surprise me if if there was a lot of colluding and this was a joint effort between liverpool and the rags, namely Gill, who, I've never trusted from day one, it'll have his dabs on this somewhere I'm sure, you can bet your Grannies knockers on that !

I think that leaked letter on Arsenal beaded paper probably gives a clue to some of the people behind this. Don’t rule out Bayern and Barcelona as well - both morally bankrupt!

CAS has, I understand, previously admitted documents that were obtained in a dubious manner. So how the docs were obtained isn’t quite the gotcha we would like.

What’s interesting at the moment is the delay in the Adjudicatory Chamber decision. If they are to simply review or endorse the lower chamber decision I cannot understand from a legal standpoint why this would be delayed.

The submissions to CAS do suggest that UEFA were in a rush to bring matters forward. That may mean they failed to fully investigate the matter in the time allowed. Certainly the scope document only coming to light late is an issue.

It may be that UEFA is in a little bit of difficulty. Firstly if it bans us and we appeal we have good grounds to appeal and possibly pursue a defamation claim. Alternatively if the Adjudicatory Chamber doesn’t impose punishment there is still a potential defamation claim.

I think UEFA are in a lot of trouble. From comments made by Khaldoon it would seem we were hung drawn and quartered and recommended for a ban within a few days - importantly without City being asked to input. I heard that the pages and pages of dossiers City prepares were never considered as part of the so called investigation. If that is true UEFA will find it impostor make this stick because their process reflects their wider culture of bluff and bluster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.