UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say this even though I expect lots of flak :)

What we are guilty of is gross negligence by getting caught. Club officials have been amateurish in the extreme by allowing highly confidential mails to be hacked and to be honest if we were reading them from another club we would be getting stuck into them.

Have the club used various means to bypass the effects of FFP after the first sanctions? Highly likely in my view and the mails pretty much confirm this. Conn is right (unfortunately) in his Guardian article that the club has had the opportunity to provide the full email chains to refute them and presumably they havent done so. We are relying on the defence that the mails were illegally obtained so cant be used as evidence.

This defence might be enough...I doubt it though.
Agee with a lot of that Remember though that when investigative committee took it to the chamber they did so at haste due to the 5 year limit running out, the club claimed that they hadn’t considered the 200 page document submitted to prove their innocence

We will UEFA have already shown their incompetence by leaking information something that City warned them about but they continued articles in the media in the past 2 days have shown that Simeon Stone tweeted that he was told by a senior football executive that the noose around city neck was tightening He means David Gill who is a UEFA official all this would have been noted by the club and their legal reps

Didn't the CAS spokesman say City could not prove the leaks did not come after a decision had been made ?

Ominous.

City will surely come out swinging now, and it’ll be interesting to see how it plays out in the CAS. The punishment seems absurdly harsh and I’d be surprised if it was upheld. Even a reduced punishment (e.g. a one year ban) would still be extremely damaging though. A fascinating few months ahead, with a lot on the line for both parties.

These comments are also representative of an incomplete understanding of the financial implications of such action, especially in the context of FFP, which is partly why UEFA have taken this action. They want to create a feedback loop of destruction for the club.

And the club know this, hence our challenge with CAS that is attempting to expose the corruption in UEFA, not just the investigative process. I wouldn’t be surprised if the club now challenge FFP itself in the courts as an unlawful restriction on trade and business operations, as it is clear now that UEFA will continue to use FFP to curtail City’s development regardless of whether this recent ban is upheld.

They have to kill the cancer, rather than just carrying on treating the symptoms, otherwise the cancer will eventually kill the club.

I agree with this completely. That's why the CAS appeal is an intermediate step. Wouldn't it be interesting if there were emails to and fro from UEFA board members and other clubs suggesting City had to be "shut down" or "stopped"? All discoverable as a matter of law in a civil case -- which is I think why the City statement is so adamant about this being a "closed" process within UEFA. And I bet some other clubs would show up as threats too. UEFA is taking an awful risk here -- though I'm sure our bravado as revealed in those hacked emails hasn't help smooth the feathers.

In the end, this is going to be about control of the game in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.