UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly the phrases I was alluding to, yes. Those are there for a reason. UEFA has a LOT to lose. Their motivations better be the squeakiest-clean they can be.

Anyone want to take the bet that they are?

Wondering if this is brinksmanship to flex muscles in the mirror knowing they'll settle with City to avoid a protracted civil case. I will say that if I'm working investigations for UEFA, those emails would have embarrassed and angered the snot out of me. They've got to regain some face after that.
I think, at the very least, this punishment is designed to impact City’s — and by extension CFG’s — brand and standing, which will linger well past CAS overturning the UEFA decision and punishment. This was a calculated attack well beyond the ban (which, from a financial perspective, makes the fine look absolutely feeble). It allows the PL to act on the wishes to oust City as a force in the league coming from the same ‘cartel’ clubs that were drafting the FFP regulations and then, when we found a way to not only overcome them, but to dominate the league, lobbied UEFA to open a dubious “re-investigation” of the same period we had already been penalised. And the original penalty, by all accounts, was because they changed the thresholds and methods of assessment after we had effectively closed our books for the reporting period so they could then find us in breach.

The club knows this needs to be treated as the ‘final charge’ by UEFA, the cartel clubs, Tebas, a few members of the FA leadership, and likely a few other interested parties that see the club as siphoning revenues away from them.

The next few months are going to be *very* enlightening.

I can see trouble at the Madrid game.

I hope not. I’d love everyone who attends to hold up pieces of paper with F#CK UEFA printed on them but we don’t want to give UEFA ammunition to ban us further with pitch invasions etc. That said a few strategic cups of boiling Bovril accidentally dropped from the third tier into the UEFA delegates area might be an interesting development.

I can see trouble at the Madrid game.

Remember when they rubbed our noses in it playing Mansfield in 1998? Fuck'em - they've always poked fun at us, but this time it's on the back of a domestic treble :) Full house vs Real Madrid while manure play who? Not quite role reversal but close enough for me.

my only concern is based around the UK media jumping upon this, combined with the weakness of the FA & the Premier League resulting in a more popular verdict of guilty. No idea about the bigger issues of corruption & FFP protecting the established "Elite." A realistic verdict in terms of specific interests & the Plastics.

I imagine the penalty will be lessened. However, in my view, the chairman and several execs should then resign for the best of the club.

The most refreshing night on Bluemoon in a long time, in that by and large we are on the same page.
Hardly surprising given that it's City's are under attack.

However this is the one positive to be taken. Some City fans have grown complacent and Sheikh Mansour was managing city at arms length. Both need to engage again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.